Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Just curious -- do any of you know about or work on projects/websites/writing jobs that create residual income similar to Kindle?  (I'm not talking selling insurance and getting residuals, I'm talking about situations where you create something once and it generates long-term residual income.)

I have done this with stock photography, ehow, creating iphone apps, writing a kindle book, amazon associates, google adsense, etc.  Are there any other ideas you guys would like to share?

Thanks!

MJ

G

·
I was going to say AA, but I see you've already got that. How do you do with stock photos? Sounds interesting. Some people also sell ad space to authors, though you've got to have a pretty amazing blog for it to be worth it.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I have put up stock photos and stock cartoons and haven't sold a single one. I am part of a project to create an Apple app, but it has stalled for over a year because they want to sell within the app and Apple makes that difficult. It is being programmed by one woman who also has a full time job and if you ask me is not working on this project as much as I would like her to.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
foreverjuly said:
I was going to say AA, but I see you've already got that. How do you do with stock photos? Sounds interesting. Some people also sell ad space to authors, though you've got to have a pretty amazing blog for it to be worth it.
Re: Stock Photos

Assuming you mean: How do you do it with stock photos and not How are you doing with your stock photos, :

See http://www.dreamstime.com/faqs-detail-2 for example.

My cover designer 'bought' limited rights to someone else's photos on dreamstime to make my cover. The photographers get a share of that, just like we get a share of any sales of our books by Amazon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts