Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked with Bruinbabe to make sure she had not secretly ordered the Kindle for me, since I have been saying everyday for the past two weeks, "A day closer to getting a Kindle."  Well, she hadn't  :eek: so I went ahead and ordered one ... delivery date is mid-February ... MID-FEBRUARY ... [email protected]%m ... so I'll be the second person, after Harvey, to post 500 times prior to getting my Kindle.

Another day closer to getting my Kindle ;)

Now, I think I may drink myself into a three month long coma so I can wake up to the UPS guy/gal, walking up to my door with my Kindle, "Cubby."

Happy Kindling (says I, green with envy).

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Bruinboy said:
I checked with Bruinbabe to make sure she had not secretly ordered the Kindle for me, since I have been saying everyday for the past two weeks, "A day closer to getting a Kindle." Well, she hadn't :eek: so I went ahead and ordered one ... delivery date is mid-February ... MID-FEBRUARY ... [email protected]%m ... so I'll be the second person, after Harvey, to post 500 times prior to getting my Kindle.

Another day closer to getting my Kindle ;)

Now, I think I may drink myself into a three month long coma so I can wake up to the UPS guy/gal, walking up to my door with my Kindle, "Cubby."

Happy Kindling (says I, green with envy).
We'll patiently await Cubby's arrival....by your side all the way :) Heck, by the time he gets here, you'll be a pro and know all the ins and outs about him :))

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Well, the good news is that they don't charge your credit card til it's ready to ship, so you have plenty of time to keep saving to pay for it.

L

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome Bruinboy I feel for your having to wait. I got lucky in a way- I missed the Oprah discount but not the wait that followed her show.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Glad that I acted quickly 10 minutes before Oprah was over I ordered on Friday afternoon,  free shipping and received Genie the following Tuesday afternoon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darn ... I just woke up from my nap and it's still November 24th.  I still have three months to wait.  On the positive side think how much more I appreciate Cubby when he finally arrives.  Talk about desire.  Talk about anticipation.  It may get X rated!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Bruinboy!  You sound like you might be in the LA area...  I am willing to rent mine out.  Hey you guys...  Not a bad idea to rent ours out to those waiters who waited and won't get them until Feb.  Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Teach142 said:
Hey Bruinboy! You sound like you might be in the LA area... I am willing to rent mine out. Hey you guys... Not a bad idea to rent ours out to those waiters who waited and won't get them until Feb. Just a thought.
You mean like, actually letting someone else touch my kindle?! I don't even like to show it to people because they're grabby!! Matt doesn't even get to use mine!
Call me selfish.....and paranoid.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Teach142 said:
Hey Bruinboy! You sound like you might be in the LA area... I am willing to rent mine out. Hey you guys... Not a bad idea to rent ours out to those waiters who waited and won't get them until Feb. Just a thought.
I don't know about you but, I wouldn't be able to be away from faith, she goes almost everywhere with me. Sorry I can't help.
Jodi

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I grew up in the LA area ... Glendale ... but now live in Husker Country ... Omaha, NE ... I'm not aware of a soul who has one around here.  Maybe Warren.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Teach142 said:
It was a joke! I don't really think anyone would part with their beloved.
I just thought you were a way better person than me :D !!
I feel a little better now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts