Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just got here!  We were utterly shocked, given that we just placed our order last Monday and we went with the slowest, cheapest shipping method.  (dogsled)  So we weren't expecting it to arrive before the weekend.  However, it turns out that they actually shipped last Thursday, so ours is here in its new home already!  We're naming him "Kvetch" after all the bitter invective people are hurling at the wonderful Amazon folks. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Gruntman said:
Ha! You almost had me, but I know for a fact that the dog sled deliveries didn't start until Saturday.
I knew when he said they had named it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I knew as soon as I saw the post was from him... HA HA.

Call us babies, we don't care.  We are babies.

Still no update "Shipping soon"  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I don't have any Bacardi or Margaritas  :p  :p to calm me down and stop me from obsessively checking my amazon stuff once every 3 minutes.  Now I know how the kids feel at Christmas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
k_reader said:
Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I don't have any Bacardi or Margaritas :p :p to calm me down and stop me from obsessively checking my amazon stuff once every 3 minutes. Now I know how the kids feel at Christmas.
Tired, cranky, selfish and hopped up on sugar?

·
Registered
202 Posts
YES.  ALL OF THE ABOVE.......Except caffeine instead of sugar.  I hate amazon.  I will love them tomorrow (maybe, hopefully)

PS... I have checked my status 3 times since the last post.  Still shipping soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Harvey said:
Jim, show us pictures!! How lucky. Can't wait to hear first hands-on impressions!

As you can see, the archaic QWERTY keyboard has been done away with, replaced by a combination of touch-screen technology and a new system that allows you to merely think of a book title and instantly d/l it. This "one-thought" technology is a major breakthrough, designed to appeal to Americans who are frequently capable of only holding one thought in their head at a time, like "Gays getting married will destroy the world" or "When will my Kindle get here?"

It has yet to be seen if this one-thought system can be marketed internationally, but Amazon spokesmen say they have high hopes for it in the Muslim extremist market.

Dunno if I like the backlighting yet or not. It doesn't seem to provide the crispness of e-ink. On the other hand, it's useful for helping me find my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Now, Jim, that's just mean.

I ordered by dogsled, too, and mine hasn't arrived!  Do you think the dogs will have to wait until Georgia has snow???
I may have a long, long wait ahead....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
It just got here! We were utterly shocked, given that we just placed our order last Monday and we went with the slowest, cheapest shipping method. (dogsled) So we weren't expecting it to arrive before the weekend. However, it turns out that they actually shipped last Thursday, so ours is here in its new home already! We're naming him "Kvetch" after all the bitter invective people are hurling at the wonderful Amazon folks. :)
Jim step away from the pain meds. You are hallucinating. You didn't order one, remember? And you never name yours either.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:

As you can see, the archaic QWERTY keyboard has been done away with, replaced by a combination of touch-screen technology and a new system that allows you to merely think of a book title and instantly d/l it. This "one-thought" technology is a major breakthrough, designed to appeal to Americans who are frequently capable of only holding one thought in their head at a time, like "Gays getting married will destroy the world" or "When will my Kindle get here?"

It has yet to be seen if this one-thought system can be marketed internationally, but Amazon spokesmen say they have high hopes for it in the Muslim extremist market.

Dunno if I like the backlighting yet or not. It doesn't seem to provide the crispness of e-ink. On the other hand, it's useful for helping me find my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
LOL about the one thought.

No more Star Trek for you before bed......

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Now that you and LR have separate Kindles, does this mean the honeymoon is over?  :eek:

Seriously, I wish you and Kvetch a long and happy life together.  May you and LR always keep your books in Whispersync. 

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
We're naming him "Kvetch"...
You named a Kindle. I can't believe it. It's an unforgivable breach of trust. We had in implicit contract. It's inanimate. You promised.

*Walks off muttering* He named his kindle. I can't believe it. It's an unforgivable breach of trust. We had in implicit contract. It's inanimate. He promised.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeff: I guess you didn't get the point of the thread. :(

It's all a big joke.

Wait.... maybe you did. ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts