Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
That Rhino guy really makes me angry and that Carl that posted after him too. I bet they have the same IP address.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Carl the pipe fitter?  do I want to know?

Amawhere?

·
Registered
165 Posts
My right eye is twitching. I blame this on Rhino and Carl (the dumber then dirt twins). Even replying to their posts twice didn't help. How I wish I could flame them both.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Honestly, that thread really aggravated me. I don't understand why some people have to take something really positive and make a negative of it.

^^^^^
this is me being polite.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Leslie, don't worry about people like that. Some people just live to be "offended" by something and then grumble about it.

Here's what I posted to the Amazon thread:

CS said:
What a ridiculous thread. Even if Leslie's response was hot-tempered, I can't say I blame her when she's being attacked over something this trivial. She's not spamming the board at all. It's just a signature, and I for one am glad it's there because kboards.com is an awesome resource that I never would've found out about otherwise.

Whoever said it was against Amazon's TOS must really be in the dark about how business, finance, and marketing works.

If anything, Amazon loves the fact that there's another board dedicated to Kindle, and I'm sure they deeply appreciate that Leslie is essentially advertising their own product by mentioning the board in her sig. Having an independent board dedicated to Kindle is a plus for Amazon because it means people care enough about their product to create a website for it. Jeff Bezos is an excellent businessman, and I'm sure he realizes the value a site like Kindleboards.com brings to his own company. It can only help him by driving up interest, buzz, and - most importantly - SALES for the Kindle.

CS
www.kboards.com <--- not my site, but join it anyway ;)
http://www.amazon.com/KindleBoards-com-Spam/forum/FxBVKST06PWP9B/Tx34RI7XVRYOIAX/2/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=38&asin=B000FI73MA&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx3QGRMZYZMSXTE#Mx3QGRMZYZMSXTE

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I didn't realize things got worse 'over there' today... the last post I saw was Leslie's after Carl's dumb question and I replied "you go girl" or something like that and decided to follow Teninx's lead and leave Amazon board competely. I only started out there because I wanted to learn all I could about the Kindle while I was waiting for Kindle with no name to arrive and the best thing I learned was to come here! :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I feel the same CS.

Leslie, no need to worry about that kind of person. He doesn't understand why you started to invite everyone to this board and why you still do.

And here is what I posted:
Leslie loves her kindle that is why she'd started The Amazon Kindle FAQ to help new kindler. Answering FAQ is not her job or anything, it is her good will and she just wanted to help others. I'm sure it has helped so many people. That is why it stays at top of this forum. With her good will, it is natural for her to direct people to a place where FAQ is easier to navigate and search. As everyone must know this forum is not good with the search. Kindleboards.com is not hers. She is helping others in the kidleboards.com just as she is helping others here. If her good will is wrong, I don't know what is right.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would not have found this discussion board at all if Leslie had not had it in her posts on "the other" board. I certainly am grateful for all the information I obtained from the FAQ thread- I even read most of it before I got my Kindle. I too think I will abstain from reading over there- really only have time to lurk on one board and this will be it!

Lynn

·
Registered
731 Posts
My theory is that RhinoMike is someone who thinks it's getting crowded in here. Someone who's finding it increasingly difficult to read every post made and wants to stunt the growth of this board...That's right...one of us! (
Maybe it's Our very own Leslie!
)

(Although if you look at his profile it's pretty obvious that he's a 20 year old boy that lives with his parents and imagines himself as an alt-rocker) (and he's been around a while so this would be a really elaborate setup)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support. It's nice to wake up and see these kind messages! I appreciate it. I also appreciate your supportive messages over on the other thread at the other board. I'm not going to reply there (on that thread) because I'd just like it to drift down to page 2, where it will never been seen again, because no one bothers to look beyond page 1 and there is no search function! LOL. So...

Thanks again,

Leslie

I wonder if MikeyRhino and Carl the pipe fitter will show up here? Also NYKindlefan. Oh well, if they do, I'll be nice to all of them.

·
Super Moderator
67,486 Posts
Haven't been on the amazon boards for a couple of days. . .looks like I didn't miss anything important.  I, too, found this community via Leslie.  There is a little part of me that says. . .Leslie, stop advertising it -- the scum might slide over :).  But that would be wrong.

Still, it might be wise for those moderators who also check out the amazon board to note e-mail addresses or whatever of abusers there so as to be ready for them if they show up here.  Or would that be not appropriate?  As long as everyone is polite I assume everyone is welcome.  What are the protocols/rules/guidelines for putting/keeping someone out if he/she is inappropriate?

Just wondering. . .

Ann

1 - 20 of 66 Posts