Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of: https://www.libraryofbook.com ??????????????? I wrote to them and said that they didn't have permission to give away my book. Any recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Remove that link. You're basically providing free advertising.

File a DMCA notice and don't hold your breath about anything being done about it. If you don't know what a DMCA is, you should. Also, do some research on the domain. Are they registered in the US? If not, there is little you can do.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent the outfit a DMCA on its contact page. Except for its web page, I have yet to find out much about it. Your books might be there for free also.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
robert eggleton said:
I sent the outfit a DMCA on its contact page. Except for its web page, I have yet to find out much about it. Your books might be there for free also.
This is probably a trick as old as KDP. Normally, they just try to get credit card numbers and then don't deliver the book. They are notorious for not replying to the contact emails. I wouldn't worry about it. And yes, my books are listed all over these sites and have been for ten years. The book only being available in pdf is a big sign they don't really have it.

At the time I first discovered this problem, Create Space was the only vender that had my books in pdf, so I asked and they assured me that's it's just a scam.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts