Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
robin.goodfellow said:
We can certainly consider it, but it would have to be the young Mel Gibson. The Sexiest Man Alive Mel Gibson from the early 90s. You know the one.

But how about Christian Kane from Leverage (TNT, Tuesday nights at 10) or Secondhand Lions (he played the younger Hub)?
Check him out here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Kane

Of course, with a Scottish accent. I mean, while we're dreaming anyway....
Of course, it would have the be the Mel Gibson from Braveheart.

I thought of Christian Kane - he fits the description, except for height. But as you said, while we are dreaming...

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
We're up to 23 new readers.  YAY.

Yes, as long as we're dreaming.  No reason we can't have customizable Jamie dolls. 

They are supposed to start shooting the movie in April.  I haven't seen anything about casting except an article about Keira Knightley and James McAvoy.  If they make James McAvoy Jamie, I will not be going to see this movie.  He can be Frank/Black Jack.  And not Keira Knightley as Claire, either.  That's not a deal breaker, but I would prefer Kate Winslet.

Karl Urban is my Jamie.  I hear he's playing Bones in the new Star Trek. 

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keira Knightley is too thin. Claire is supposed to have a nice sized bum. I will have to look up the guys you mentioned.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Have to agree with Gerite...Kate Winslet for Claire. I have to think of a Jamie...maybe Brad Pitt, he has the looks but would need to look 20 years younger. ??? I like him as an actor also.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Here's something DG said about the casting.

--Diana

P.S. Well, I can also tell you that a) yes, Gerard Butler is a fine-looking specimen of Scottish manhood, even if he is a Lowlander, but b) I think he might have difficulty playing a 22-year-old
virgin
; c) Keira Knightley would probably make an excellent Claire (she has the accent and the capacity for sarcasm), if she gained forty pounds, but d) James McAvoy is probably a wonderful actor, but he's only 5'7", for heaven's sake. (Mind, none of the production people has mentioned any of these actors to me as serious casting prospects, either.)

DG also said she has no say in the casting although they have asked her opinion a couple of times.

I think Gerard Butler would make a fine Dougal; Gary Oldman for Murtagh.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For Jamie - remember, he has to be big enough to be capable of throwing Claire over his shoulder and carrying her like he threatened to do the night they met and she tried to run off when they were fighting the English that tried to ambush them. I don't see Johnny Depp or James McAvoy being that muscular. I saw Colin Farrell in an ad for the Miami Vice movie last night, and thought - "hey he would work, wonder how tall he is". I am spending way too much time on this!  :D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Found this YouTube video on the casting topic (I'm going to move the casting into its own topic away from the issue of reading Outlander, LOL!) I'm too old to know who most of these people are, ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Wouldn't it be weird of Karl Urban starred in two movies named Outlander?

Thanks for posting the casting vid, Betsy. Warning to newbies. There are several story vids for Outlander on youtube. After we've finished the book (or if you've already raced ahead to the end), I suggest you watch them. They are very good but contain spoilers.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Simon Baker. . .from The Mentalist.

O.K. He's 39, but could totally pass for 22. O.K. he's only 5'10" but I'd be happy to work with that. ::)

Ann

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Lizzy said:
I dont know if these two would work or not but i like them.

Jamie - Christian Bale

Claire - Cate Blanchett
I'd like to see Cate as Geillie. She's just too thin for Claire, although she is such a great actress that she could probably make even us Outlander vets think she was (hem-hem) bottom heavy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
In my mind, Jason Isaacs has always been Black Jack. He's the one who plays Lucius Malfoy in the HP movies. (See there, Gertie, even I'm getting HP references in there! :)) He is the epitome of the baddest of bad guys, IMO. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
In my mind, Jason Isaacs has always been Black Jack. He's the one who plays Lucius Malfoy in the HP movies. (See there, Gertie, even I'm getting HP references in there! :)) He is the epitome of the baddest of bad guys, IMO. :)
Oh, my, yes. He would make a great Black Jack. Love how he looks in long hair. But he also has to play Frank.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grrr...makes me want to slap him just seeing his picture! lol

The Patriot is another movie Mike and I watch again and again. The photo on the right is from that movie. I looked again. Now I want to kick him....you know where! Grrrr!

Yeah, definitely good Black Jack material.

Sorry.....gotta go calm down now. (grrrrr)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
Grrr...makes me want to slap him just seeing his picture! lol

The Patriot is another movie Mike and I watch again and again. The photo on the right is from that movie. I looked again. Now I want to kick him....you know where! Grrrr!

Yeah, definitely good Black Jack material.

Sorry.....gotta go calm down now. (grrrrr)
He's so icily evil.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I can totally see Jason Isaacs as Jack/Frank. - a bit older than I would like, but is perfectly suited for the role

Karl Urban as Jamie  - again, a bit older than I'd like..He's almost 37..but I'm willing to overlook that

Kate Winslet as Claire - the more I think about it, the more I see Kate as Claire.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts