Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have trolled the YP, Google, and every possible resource I can imagine and am completely overwhelmed with where to turn to for a cover designer on my next work. Rather than curl into the fetal position and cry, I figured I'd do a 'reverse solicit' (trademark pending :D) and ask for potential cover designers to contact me.

I am looking for someone to create a cover with potential series branding for my upcoming young adult sci-fi/fantasy series 'Infinity Breaker'. In my mind I am looking for minimalist design al la Hunger Games Series and/or the Artemis Fowl sieres reissue, but TBH would be open to something a bit more avante garde in the genre.

I'm not sure if this post will work and be the greatest thing to happen to my stress level, or if eveyone will point and laugh at me  :-\ (insert Nelson laugh)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I can't recommend James from GoOnWrite enough! He did my cover below which is obviously a very different genre from yours. However, you should check out his website because his work is wonderful: http://www.goonwrite.com/. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
harker.roland said:
Hi Everyone,

I have trolled the YP, Google, and every possible resource I can imagine and am completely overwhelmed with where to turn to for a cover designer on my next work. Rather than curl into the fetal position and cry, I figured I'd do a 'reverse solicit' (trademark pending :D) and ask for potential cover designers to contact me.
Have you tried 99 Designs? You put up what you want and you'll get several potential front covers to choose from and develop.

·
Registered
634 Posts
harker.roland said:
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone to create a cover with potential series branding for my upcoming young adult sci-fi/fantasy series 'Infinity Breaker'. In my mind I am looking for minimalist design al la Hunger Games Series and/or the Artemis Fowl sieres reissue, but TBH would be open to something a bit more avante garde in the genre.

I'm not sure if this post will work and be the greatest thing to happen to my stress level, or if eveyone will point and laugh at me :-\ (insert Nelson laugh)
Don't worry about it, you're not the first to post a thread like this and you won't be the last! You can take a look at my portfolio and prices through my signature link - most of my work (especially my YA stuff) skews more towards covers with people on them rather than a more minimalist look like you describe, but its certainly something I can do if that's what the design calls for. Good luck with your search! I'm sure others will be along to throw their hats in the ring shortly, so you should have plenty of choices to pick from all in one spot. Excellent designers abound on the boards here. Off the top of my head, I'd recommend checking out James at Go On Write, Damonza.com, Ebooklaunch.com, and Beetiful.com as well...RBC at rockingbookcovers.com doesn't have many YA covers in his portfolio, I think, but a more minimalist approach like the Hunger Games would fit his style well too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lizzie G said:
I can't recommend James from GoOnWrite enough! He did my cover below which is obviously a very different genre from yours. However, you should check out his website because his work is wonderful: http://www.goonwrite.com/. Good luck!
Thank you Lizze. There were some truly beautiful works on James's page.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kalen ODonnell said:
Don't worry about it, you're not the first to post a thread like this and you won't be the last! You can take a look at my portfolio and prices through my signature link - most of my work (especially my YA stuff) skews more towards covers with people on them rather than a more minimalist look like you describe, but its certainly something I can do if that's what the design calls for. Good luck with your search! I'm sure others will be along to throw their hats in the ring shortly, so you should have plenty of choices to pick from all in one spot. Excellent designers abound on the boards here. Off the top of my head, I'd recommend checking out James at Go On Write, Damonza.com, Ebooklaunch.com, and Beetiful.com as well...RBC at rockingbookcovers.com doesn't have many YA covers in his portfolio, I think, but a more minimalist approach like the Hunger Games would fit his style well too.
Thanks for your response Kalen. I can't access your site from my work computer but will certainly take a look tonight.

·
Registered
814 Posts
For a pre-made, I agree with the other posters about James @ GoOnWrite.com.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hi, Harker,

I love doing Young Adult covers, and would be excited to work with you. I'm all about powerful branding across titles, (hence my tagline Beautifully Branded.) You can see my portfolio at sfrostcovers.com.

Thanks,
Sylvia

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Young Adult Sci Fi. My Annie Somewhere book needs a cover that conveys that genre. I'm using one of my own design, and it sucks. I haven't yet seen a pre-made that fits the story, so I'll be watching this thread with interest.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lizzie G said:
Thanks for this Lizzie, I have to agree they are some of the best covers I've seen so far :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Al Stevens said:
Young Adult Sci Fi. My Annie Somewhere book needs a cover that conveys that genre. I'm using one of my own design, and it sucks. I haven't yet seen a pre-made that fits the story, so I'll be watching this thread with interest.
Hey Al, just sent you a pm about a possible premade I might have for you.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I am going through all of the names mentioned above. I really appreciate all the opinions expressed. They're a great help.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
CadyVance said:
That's a gorgeous cover if it's the one I'm thinking of.
The cover Kalen designed is now in my signature. You might have to refresh (F5 on a PC) to replace the old one. Like it?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Al Stevens said:
The cover Kalen designed is now in my signature. You might have to refresh (F5 on a PC) to replace the old one. Like it?
Hey Al, check your email! I sent you a new version I whipped up over the night that I think works much better - brighter and more visible.

Apologies to Harker for hijacking his thread! Good luck with your selection process!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts