Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member  :)  I really do enjoy your discussions!  I love my Kindle and had to order the new one.  I have read the faqs and discussions and I am confused about how the page numbers work while reading a book.  Sorry if I have missed this somewhere else on the site.

·
Registered
731 Posts
There is a long discussion here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1811.0.html ,I think someone eventually came up with a formula.

The gist of it is that location numbers stay the same no matter what font size you are using. Your Kindle tells you things like location 1309-14 which means that locations 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313 and 1314 are all on the screen/page that you are reading. If you click on the location bar it will tell you how many locations your book has and show you graphically how far you've read.

The K2 will tell you this on the bottom of every screen (ie: locations 1309-14 of 5431).

Hope some of that makes sense...feel free to browse the other thread. And Welcome to KindleBoards!

Scott

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also, if you have read a sample, and then decide to buy the book, look at the last location number of the sample, before you delete it.  You can go to that Location in the book, and start off where the sample stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts