Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just peeked at my dashboard. It's almost 2 AM where I'm at, so very early in the reporting period, but I'm seeing a big zero for page reads so far today (July 1st), where ordinarily I'd have a few thousand by now. It's just kind of weird. Anyone else?

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Nothing is updating very much. I'm running the monthly promo and have had zero clicks registered on the affiliate tags. We usually get thousands, so that's definitely broken. Not sales that much either, but that's fairly common for when the month ticks over.

ETA. normally my dashboard freezes for about 12 hours when we're at the 1st of the month and the US is still thinking about whether they want to join us.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a few sales and pre-orders that've trickled in since midnight, but borrows are a goose egg. Bizarre. Makes you wonder if Amazon didn't just tweak something...

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
3rotic said:
I have a few sales and pre-orders that've trickled in since midnight, but borrows are a goose egg. Bizarre. Makes you wonder if Amazon didn't just tweak something...
They did. This is the first new month tick-over with the new dashboard. I noticed it re-set at GMT rather than US time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been tracking this for a little while; there's something wrong with the dashboard as of 7 PM CST on the 30th (when the next day's data starts to accumulate). Amazon is returning null data for the new month along with random errors here and there. If you're seeing 0 page reads that is not (necessarily) accurate and there is something going wrong.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, so it seems I'm not the only one with some wonkiness. I guess I won't start to panic (yet).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mike_Kraus said:
I've been tracking this for a little while; there's something wrong with the dashboard as of 7 PM CST on the 30th (when the next day's data starts to accumulate). Amazon is returning null data for the new month along with random errors here and there. If you're seeing 0 page reads that is not (necessarily) accurate and there is something going wrong.
Thx for posting. I hope it's all resolved quickly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hopecartercan said:
It's been 2.5 hours since I hit midnight where I live. I have 0 pages read on my dashboard. I'd normally have 1K-2K by now.
Same here. It kind of freaked me out, but it seems there's something going on system wide. I think a few sales have come in since midnight, along with a pre-order or two, but page reads are still zero.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My sales are normally in the 1-2 range for this time of night, and they are currently, so that seems normal. My page reads, when midnight ticks over, are always in the 8k-12k range. For them to be zero and for Amazon's internals to be spitting out errors means something's wonky. Somebody probably forgot to fix the new dashboard to account for month rollovers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's not just you, and from what I can gather, not just KDP. My Amazon associates dashboard is showing 0 clicks or earnings for the past 30 days (at least). I know that's not the case.

I'm also seeing 0 page reads, where it would normally be 3-5k by now. Something is definitely afoot...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update: The MTD dashboard is now working (it was, up until the last 15ish minutes, giving weird errors). It is, however, also showing 0 page reads as well, as are the excel spreadsheet reports. Right now the only thing not working are the page reads, so my guess is the system behind that broke. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

746 Posts
I just checked in on my dashboard and then ducked in over here to check I wasn't the only one seeing 0 page reads for 1 July. I'm guessing this thread will get a lot bigger if the problem isn't fixed by the time the US wakes up!

ETA I don't seem to have any .com sales yet for 1 July, but that's not abnormal. I generally find they're still showing up on the day before until about now. Aus sales are showing up for 1 July.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank goodness I'm not the only one! Lol. I've been checking my dashboard for the last couple hours, and I have both pre-orders and regular sales, but zero pages read when I normally should have at least a few thousand. Thank you so much for reassuring me I'm not the only one experiencing this. I was totally freaking out!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
TwistedTales said:
Well, it is 1 July. Maybe this is KU 3.0 - no page reads count now. :eek:

Just kidding. ;D

For June 30, my sales were the lowest since the start of 2017
I've only been at this for a little over a month - but my reads and sales were the lowest since I began. I was freaking out about it, but I'm also 99% sure reporting just froze earler in the day.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Past 4 AM over here and still no sales or page reads.

I'm just going to back away from the KDP site now and check back in 12 hours lol

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I knew there'd be a thread already started about this! Glad to see it's not just me. It's very weird to wake up and find nothing at all on the dashboard! Sales are showing up now but still no pages read.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts