Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out at Amazon - Painting the Roses Red by Trish Lamoree
- Bargain Price $2.99

Tiara wakes alone to strange psychic powers, bloody visions, and no memory of who she is.

As she seeks to find herself, she is haunted by a phantom seducer in her mind. It would seem that he is leading her on a merry adventure to find her identity, but is he the lover whose touch she craves or a madman intent on destroying her mind?

He sends her pristine white roses but their purity is tainted by the bright red blood upon their petals.

Check out the interview with the author at: http://people.bakersfield.com/home/ViewPost/102133

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Actually, it sounds fascinating and good price, so good I've bought without sample. Thanks for posting and Welcome to the kindleboards.

Actually price shows up as 2.39 on amazon. You should add this to the bargain book thread as well.

Theresam

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
vwkitten said:
LOL -- thank you... I was so nervous about my first big post that I switched the numbers around -- got it fixed now though. Thanks bunches and please let me know what you think of the book. :D

Trish
Well do! Hope you continue hanging our the kindleboards. I enjoy comments from authors and discussing there book with them.

Theresam

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Trish, I expect I will sample it.  I would make one observation, though:  I assume the pictures are the front and back covers of a paper book?  I ask because the mask on the back definitely implies "Phantom of the Opera"  (Well, in my mind at least!)  If the book is not connected with that, it could be misleading.  Also, I don't know what kind of copyright or trademark issues might attach to that visual and I wouldn't want you to fall afoul of any lawyers.  On the other hand, the title makes me think of Alice in Wonderland. . . .curiouser and curiouser!  :D

Ann

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ann,

The plot of the book twists around the mix of Phantom of the Opera and Alice in Wonderland and there are references to both within the book. I'm thrilled that you got the hints of both in the book cover and title (yes, that's the front and back of the book). The artwork is also my own work. The rose is from a photograph I took of some roses my husband sent me; it was red to start with. The mask was from royalty-free clipart and was originally a Mardi Gras mask. Because the mask is relatively generic and not precisely like any of the masks from Phantom of the Opera, it shouldn't violate copywrite laws, but I'm going to double-check anyway -- I'm actually now curious who owns the copywrite for Phantom of the Opera. Thanks for your input... keep it coming. I love having the book in front of people who think!

Hugs,
Trish

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Well. . .that makes it even MORE intriguing! 

And, for the record,  I showed my brother and my son the image and they both said Phantom and told them the book title and they both said Alice.  . . . mind you, we're all extremely well read and well rounded :D  but I think you achieved your goal!

(In fact my brother is intrigued by the premise as well so I've bought him a paper version. . . .)

Ann

·
Registered
148 Posts
Beautiful cover!  I was just saying how I wanted to re-read Alice...
Must say I want to read this one first  ;) this looks like an awesome read!!
thanks so much for posting. 

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woohoo!!  As an author, I always worry if people are going to get my subtleties.  It makes me very happy when I can hear that people get it... they really get it.  And *wink* the subtle references are only there for the well-read/rounded people.  Those who aren't well-read/rounded don't need the undertones as much.

I'm so excited... the interior Alice in Wonderland references are subtle too and I'm dying to know which ones you catch.  The phantom stuff is obvious, but some of the Alice references aren't necessarily front and center.  I really did make it a game of hide and seek to see who could find the Mad Hatter... Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum... the Caterpillar was my favorite in Alice.

Again, thanks for your interest and comments...
Trish Lamoree

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to you delightful folks, Painting the Roses Red is in the top 10 of two Amazon Kindle Hot New Arrival Lists (Mythology, and Romantic Suspense)!!

Amazon Reviews for Painting the Roses Red --

This book brought me 'in' and hooked me in the first chapter and compelled me to continue reading. I enjoy trying to figuring out where a story is going to take me. I was constantly surprised by the author's ability to weave out of my line of thinking and go in a completely different direction that then made complete sense. The book is well written with wonderfully rich characters and descriptions so vivid they can make you shudder. I look forward to the sequel.  -- S. Rogers

I love surprise endings and couldn't put the book down after the first chapter. How the character got from a room covered in blood to her happy romantic ending should surprise most. The main characters are people that you can care about to stay true to themselves. I am recommending this book to everyone I know! Looking forward to the sequel!  -- J. Gipson II

Thanks for Reading!
Trish Lamoree

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am never going to get thrugh all my books! How am I supposed to finish what I am reading when you tempt me with such tasty looking book? *dramatic sigh* I guess the other books will have to wait!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A bookstore should be like a great big candy story.  Little morsels of deliciousness just waiting to be savored and adored for the moment in time that they exist to melt on your tongue.  Hard candy, chocolates, some with nuts, and some caramel and cream, chewy licorice ropes... well you get the point.

But...ah... like chocolate and candy, we must take them in moderation for we haven't enough time to taste them all, or we would surely become fat with knowledge, dreams, and wisdom.

Happy Reading.  I'm so glad you like my morsels! (You make me so happy I wax poetic.)
Trish Lamoree

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I am really enjoying this book. I'm almost done. when I first started I didn't really like the writing. Then I hit this one point and went 'hunh?' and haven't stopped reading since. Plus its diffinalty not a 'read this before' book. So coodo's to you Trisha. 

Now I've got to get back and find out how it ends!  ??? ;D

theresam

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Trish--

This is a perfect author's thread, great initial post, and then an actual conversation with our members!  Great job, the comments in the conversation tipped me over the edge and I bought your book!  Looking forward to reading it.  Again, the discussion will push it up on my to-be-read list.  Thanks!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Finished the book. Good ending. I had figured some of it out but I enjoyed seeing if/when the main character would figure it all out.

I didn't see any glaring issues with formatting. So if there were any minor I probably didn't notice, too busy reading ;D. It took a while to get used to the double spacing between paragraphs. This isn't really a format issue just a personal preference as I'm used to books using the spacing to mean that the subject had changed: ie moved to another character or place in the story.

Theresam

1 - 20 of 113 Posts