Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I noticed that the blurbs for my books were "off." Specifically, the formatting was gone, and instead of three or four short paragraphs, everything was jumbled into one block-y paragraph. Easy enough to fix, sure (at least, I hope it is), but I'm curious as to why the PB blurb was affected, and not the ebook version.

Anyone else notice this? If not, and if you have paperback versions, you may want to check the blurb on the product page.

Again, this is an issue ONLY on my paperback blurbs, not the ebook.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yep, happened to me too. I just happened to be reworking mine the other day and I saw that they were off. Guess I figured that I'd just got glitched, but if it happened to you too, then maybe it's going around.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, NikOK. I still can't swear that this wonkiness is a thing, an actual issue affecting paperbacks, and not simply something I might have inadvertently done myself. But either way, it happened.

Meanwhile, I discovered that, well.... NOT so easily fixed. I went into KDP and re-added paragraph breaks where they're supposed to be, and submitted. When KDP told me my changed had been uploaded, I checked out my paperbacks and... boo-hiss, the block-y single-paragraph description was still there on the product page.

Now I need to find out how to get it fixed for real. :cautious:

·
Registered
669 Posts
That's a really helpful link, thanks Sleeping Cat. It's always a little bummer that you can't just copy paste the ebook to paperback, but this looks like it could definitely help with that.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Obviously you need to use their simple html for the formatting tp stick. If that's not the problem then contact customer support.

Reactions: Jena H

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Sleeping Cat. That link is doing the trick. Not done with all my paperbacks yet, but so far, so good. 👍👍👍

Just to vent a little further, it's crazy that two different methods are needed to accomplish the exact same thing within the same company. Such a critical issue... no wonder Bezos is leaving. 😄

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yes, for some reason, the paperback formatting requires HTML. The most helpful thing to know is how to separate into new paragraphs.
<p> Information about your book </p>
<p> New information about your book in a new paragraph</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts