Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Merika said:
I have down-loaded but not installed OS 5.3.3, since I'd like to hear more about it before I do. (Amazon has said almost nothing of substance other than that it is "better" although it is an entirely new OS, i.e. not simply a few tweaks.)
I hadn't noticed 5.3.3 but I've just downloaded and installed it.

Works OK. Nothing seems any different at all!

I know what you mean about it's a new OS, but I think actually it's still only tweaks, it's just that it comes as a full 160MB image of the whole firmware rather than a smaller image of the patches.

I think 5.3.1 was the same - ISTR it being a big download, but I've cleared out my PC from then so I can't check.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Having set the time correctly, try going into a couple of books, reading a couple of pages, then back to the home screen.

Maybe also try another restart (Home...Menu...Settings...Menu...Restart).

If that fails then I'm out of ideas!

· Registered
1,212 Posts
On the K3, a restart seemed to kick it back into working again.

So, between the lot of us, we seem to have each remembered a couple of the important steps:

1) Check the sort order is correct
2) Check the time is correct
3) Turn on wireless to sync with Amazon
4) Restart if if still doesn't work and repeat the above.

I think that's it... if it still doesn't work after that lot then I think you might have to live with it!  ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.