Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have just upgraded from keyboard Kindles to Paperwhites. Hers shows the book she's reading as the first on the Home Screen index, mine does not. (Curiously she had this problem on the earlier model whereas I did not.)

I have mine set exactly as hers, i.e. Device, Books, and Title/Recent.

I have re-booted but not re-set. I have down-loaded but not installed OS 5.3.3, since I'd like to hear more about it before I do. (Amazon has said almost nothing of substance other than that it is "better" although it is an entirely new OS, i.e. not simply a few tweaks.)

Can anyone help me in respect of the home screen order?

Cheers, Garrett

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, everyone

The combination did the job, but I suspect the tipping point was turning the wireless on. (I've been avoiding those annoying "special offers" from Amazon, having discovered that turning the wireless off and doing a re-start eliminated them.)

Now to install 5.3.3. I'll advise if any issues arise, although Mort's experience seems benign. (BTW, the comment that it is a complete, new OS was taken from an article I'd read earlier today before coming across this very helpful forum.

Hope I can offer some assistance in the near future.

Cheers, Garrett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.