Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered myself a paperwhite on Wednesday it will be delivered Monday!!so excited it's not funny... I already sat down with my manage my kindle page and transferred the books over I wanted. Now i'm just hoping for no issues after having to return 2 kindle fires the last couple of months. I admit I'm a bit nervous, but my excitement over Dumbledore over shadows that. Have the issues with the screen lessened with newer shipments?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats on the new Kindle! I love my Paperwhite and haven't had any issues with it. Please share your thoughts on it with the forum once you've had a chance to use it for an extended period of time. Enjoy :)

·
Super Moderator
67,479 Posts
EbookLovers said:
The evolution of the Kindle Models is amazing.
It's much easier to read on a Kindle Paperwhite than on Ipad or other tablets.

Let's hope this year (2013) Amazon will launch a Kindle Phone :)
I don't see where there's any need for a Kindle Phone. You can already get the Kindle app for any smartphone. Though I have heard rumors that Amazon is considering that market as well.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I ordered a PW yesterday and it will be here Thursday. I went to the manage screen as well. That is really a poor system. There should be a way to check multiple entries and send them all at once. Not only was it so agonizingly slow but randomly I was told I had to log in again. That threw me back to page one and I had to go through every page since there's no way to jump multiple pages. The second time it happened I sorted oldest first instead of newest first and worked through that way until it did it again and I gave up in anger and disgust at such a pitiful system. Amazon may be tops on readers but they are dead last or near last in the online management system. Hopefully we'll get perfect PW's. Good luck with yours.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I agree that Amazon's "Manage Your Kindle" is not the best management tool for a book library.  Even though I don't keep many books on my Kindle, there are times that I'd like to, say, be able to send all the books by a particular author to my Kindle, so a batch process would be nice. 

Obviously, their plan is for people to keep most of the library in their archive/cloud and only download those books being read to the devices.  And just as obviously, there are people who want to do things differently. 

I always recommend giving Amazon feedback!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good to hear Amazon is getting the Kindle's out quickly these days. Getting your product into the hands of consumers is always a good thing. Hope you like it!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
I don't see where there's any need for a Kindle Phone. You can already get the Kindle app for any smartphone. Though I have heard rumors that Amazon is considering that market as well.
I've been a Sprint customer for ~17 years. I'd switch over in a skinny minute if Amazon went into the mobile phone industry. Why? Because of their customer service. You'd think with that kind of history, I would haven't badger Sprint when I have an issue, but nope... Amazon "just fixes it" the few times I have a problem. My only holdback would be the fact that you can't get the true Google apps in the Amazon store. (I had to side load the Gmail app to my Fire)

·
Super Moderator
67,479 Posts
CandyTX said:
I've been a Sprint customer for ~17 years. I'd switch over in a skinny minute if Amazon went into the mobile phone industry. Why? Because of their customer service. You'd think with that kind of history, I would haven't badger Sprint when I have an issue, but nope... Amazon "just fixes it" the few times I have a problem. My only holdback would be the fact that you can't get the true Google apps in the Amazon store. (I had to side load the Gmail app to my Fire)
Well, yeah. Their customer service is top notch.

But they don't have a cell network so, at most, they could sell a phone that would, presumably, be unlocked to work with any carrier. OR, they'd have some deal with just one carrier -- like they do with ATT for kindle connectivity -- which would still be limiting. :-\

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Well, yeah. Their customer service is top notch.

But they don't have a cell network so, at most, they could sell a phone that would, presumably, be unlocked to work with any carrier. OR, they'd have some deal with just one carrier -- like they do with ATT for kindle connectivity -- which would still be limiting. :-\
Very good point... but I'd rather talk to someone at Amazon than AT&T. *laughing* so even if it was a pass-through... hmmm... I think they do that with Virgin Mobile and Cricket and other small carriers, right? Interesting.

OP - LOVE my Paperwhite. I think you will too. I was thinking last night about the evolution of the Kindle and it's amazing how much it's changed. I'm still not a huge fan of the touchscreen and wish it had buttons, but I no longer whine about it incessantly. Well, much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations! You will LOVE it guaranteed. I have had mine since they first came out. It replaced my Kindle with Keyboard.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thx everyone!! A couple of small issues with downloading the bks at first but that was mostly my wifi and my large library but absolutely no other issues. Been bonding with Dumbledore and I think the love affair will last awhile:)lol
With my hand issues the auto on off of the amazon cover is mighty handy and becoming a must have as I don't end up way ahead of where I should just by sitting it aside for a second
Only issue is i seem to read faster so my bank account may suffer😄 good thing I use SwagBucks to earn GC's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts