Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

I know there are are LOT of cover artists on here and I could go through all of the threads but I'm instead asking you all.

I'm looking for a cover artist who has experience doing paranormal/urban fantasy covers.

What I'm looking for are cover that are
- dark
- have only males on the front
- some covers with non-white models

I'm fine with coves without models at all but it needs to show paranormal/urban fantasy genre.

It's for the first 2 books of my 4 part series, they are the "dark" part of the series. If all goes well I'll also be ordering "light" covers from the same artist.

Does any of the artist have covers of this type or does one of the writers maybe know an artist who does covers of this type?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm in the midst of having my urban fantasy series rebranded and recovered by Clarissa Yeo. Here are two covers that she recently did for me - not quite to your specific requirements but I'm confident she could handle what you need easily enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a quick observation.  The top, trade published, paranormal covers tend to use symbols rather than characters. The more you go toward the middle list, the more character-centric covers you'll find. I found the YA crowd really have a taste for symbols (I'm guessing that's what you're aiming for as audience).

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ell said:
Just a quick observation. The top, trade published, paranormal covers tend to use symbols rather than characters. The more you go toward the middle list, the more character-centric covers you'll find. I found the YA crowd really have a taste for symbols (I'm guessing that's what you're aiming for as audience).
The reason I'm leaning towards characters on the covers is partly because the cast isn't all-white and also because the second book is urban fantasy/paranormal but build on a traditional romance backbone.
The books are NA/A not YA at all.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I do a fair number of paranormal covers; feel free to check out my site, and see if we'd be a good match. I don't know if any of my current premades are what you need, but a custom job would definitely do the trick. In any case, the WC has a solid group of cover artists. I've no doubt you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jnassise said:
I'm in the midst of having my urban fantasy series rebranded and recovered by Clarissa Yeo. Here are two covers that she recently did for me - not quite to your specific requirements but I'm confident she could handle what you need easily enough.

Those are fantastic covers. Reminds me of The Warded Man.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Ell said:
Just a quick observation. The top, trade published, paranormal covers tend to use symbols rather than characters. The more you go toward the middle list, the more character-centric covers you'll find. I found the YA crowd really have a taste for symbols (I'm guessing that's what you're aiming for as audience).
Phenomenal covers! I tend to agree with Ell, in regards to my paranormal books...all symbols and locations. However, roll with those! 8)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm currently working on a number of New Adult and Romance/Erotic Paranormal/Fantasy series, along with a YA paranormal series. (I am booking 1-2 weeks out)

Most recently delivered covers:

my site: http://alchemybookcover.blogspot.com/

There are lots of talented designers on the board -- I'm sure you can find one to fit your needs. Best of luck with the new series!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts