Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so maybe I have turn in my "man card" but I have grown exceptionally fond of the TV series Parenthood.  When it first came on the air a couple of seasons ago, I thought it was OK.  I mean, if I missed an episode, no big deal.

But the show has gotten better and better and this season it has suddenly become "must see" TV in my house.  I dont know if it is the cancer storyline or what, but I suddenly look forward to it each week.  Maybe it was getting married and the fact my wife was a fan before I was - I don't know.

Anyone else a fan?

·
Registered
690 Posts
balaspa said:
OK, so maybe I have turn in my "man card" but I have grown exceptionally fond of the TV series Parenthood. When it first came on the air a couple of seasons ago, I thought it was OK. I mean, if I missed an episode, no big deal.

But the show has gotten better and better and this season it has suddenly become "must see" TV in my house. I dont know if it is the cancer storyline or what, but I suddenly look forward to it each week. Maybe it was getting married and the fact my wife was a fan before I was - I don't know.

Anyone else a fan?
WAY behind on this season (6 episodes on the DVR), but I'm a huge fan. It's pretty easily the best drama on network TV IMO, which isn't saying much, but, yeah, I love it. The creator of the show was also one of the writers and executive producers of Friday Night Lights so, if you haven't watched that, I highly recommend it. It's absolutely amazing (though season 2 is mediocre at best, everything else is great).

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
BIG TIME -- YES!  Fan from the beginning.  For the first year or two, it was on opposite The Good Wife.  TG for dual tuner DVRs.  But if I had to choose between the two, good as The Good Wife is, I'd watch Parenthood.  Miles Heizer as Sarah's son Drew has a scene in season one in which he does some excellent acting.  A killer scene as I remember.  I have all available seasons on DVD so can and will rewatch that one of these days.

I like Lauren Graham OK enough as Sarah, but wish Maura Tierney had been able to fill the role.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife is very happy to hear we are not alone in this!

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
It's considered to be a critical success -- not popular success.  This TV season is a short one for it.  I believe only 15 episodes.  January 22 may be the end of the season.  Hopefully we will see it again in the fall.  Smash is scheduled to fill the time slot after Parenthood ends this season.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife and I have been talking about this weeks' episode since it aired.  She says she has real problems seeing anyone falling for Ray Romano - she just cannot imagine anyone finding him attractive.  So, to have a romantic story line built around him seems strange to her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts