Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!  I am a soon to be Kindle owner.  I successful stalked and pounced on a Refurb today and because I am a fast food kid...  It will be arriving on the 23rd.  I have to say Im so excited that I am about to jump out of my skin. 

So any suggestions on where I should begin...?  I have seen multiple postings about places to get free books and such.  What would you tell a new Kindle owner? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So Im silly and really didnt tell you anything about me.  My name is Jess.  I am in the Raleigh area of NC.  I am a pre Veterinary student married to the most awesome and supportive hubby ever.  The Kindle is my xmas/anniversary/birthday/straight As gift.  We are somewhat on a budget... so I have stalked the Kindle drooling over it for some time.  I am currently owned by two dogs; Tilly= a pit mix, and Kodi= a lab/husky mix.  Also owned by 3 ferrets, Skeletor, Yoshi, and Powder. 
I constantly read... I am ADD and it seems to help me harness my inner power... muhahaha! 

Look forward to getting to know you all!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Jessrof, and congratulations on your pending Kindle (and on your straight As)!

I would suggest you spend some time browsing the Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting forum, you'll learn a lot about using your Kindle and what to do if it has the hiccups. (Not panicking is the main thing.)

Next, you really might want to get our own Leslie's book The Amazon Kindle FAQ. There also a link and a picture in the lower right hand corner of each page! It's a great help for your Kindle mania!

Then head to the Book Corner and starting clicking on all the free books you can. Don't wait, sometimes they stop being free!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Jessrof and welcome! Listen to Betsy, she will steer you to the right places. The Book Corner is the best! Glad you are here.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Jessrof, glad to have you here!

Since this is really a welcome thread, I am going to move it to the welcome boards. Lots of friendly folks will then say hello and give you more hints than you can handle!

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Jessrof,

+1 what Betsy said.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

<edited because for this little bit I said, I still can't spell!>

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Jessrof, congrats on your anniversary/birthday,Christmas, etc. present.  And big congrats on your As, way to go.  Betsy will lead you right, any problems Leslie is the guru.  Just go to all the threads and all your questions will be answered.

Big hugs to your fur babies from my fur babies.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all the warm welcomes!  My Kindle is on its way!  I wasn't able to sleep at all last night.  It is so silly how excited I am... but I just can't help it!  Thanks for all the advice... Im on it :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hey, Jess -

Congratulations on getting such good grades in a tough field - Veterinary. 

Glad to hear you hubby is suppportive (pre-Kindle) and hope he stays that way  ;)

I'm sure you are going to love your reborn Kindle when it comes! 

I can't remember if you posted in the "Official I'm Waiting" thread or not.  If not, please do so so we can indulge in our favorite activity of *Kindle Watching*

Marci

1 - 13 of 13 Posts