Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just got my Kindle 2 about a week ago and have purchased two covers, a light, and several books already.  I can see this isn't going to be a money "saver", LOL.  I am lusting after the Oberon Design covers for my Kindle but haven't purchased one yet.  I love the purple ROH, but would like to see the sky blue one.  The forest and the dragonfly pond also caught my eye, but then I love the ocean and the wave and seaside are very pretty.  So you can see that I am probably hooked and I've never even seen one in person.  I wish I could find a store around here where I could see their leather product.  I'm sure it's beautiful and quality, but I like to see in person to help decide which I want.  That red ginko is gorgeous, but I doubt I can wait that long.  I live in upstate New York in a small community outside Albany, and besides reading and all things kindle already, I love yorkies and have had two.  I had to put my 14 year old boy to sleep a year ago though as he contracted lyme disease from the deer in my yard.  He was my soul, my heart dog, and I miss him terribly.  I currently have a 2.5 year old 4 lb. yorkie girl who is just beautiful and I love her to pieces also.  I do call her my princess brat though as she is very spoiled and demanding and all girl!  Have to run give her a bath, but just wanted to take the time to say hello and also, I think I posted some inaccurate info on the kindle accessories board about the purple color and for that I apologize.  I am also considering hacking my kindle for new fonts but I have a Mac and am pretty unsavvy technically so may not be brave enough to give it a try.  Take care everyone.  I just love these boards and am so glad I stumbled across them right away.  Am probably spending as much or more time here as I am reading my kindle, who does not have a name yet.
Paula a/k/a Corky (from my email addy, not really my nickname.  Name of my first yorkie).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Paula, so glad to have you here! This is a fun and friendly bunch.

I'll be zooming by Albany NY next Friday on my way to Oneonta...I can wave my purple ROH cover at you, if you want.  ;D

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi and welcome Paula from a fellow NYer. Nice to have you here with us. So sorry to read about your dog. If I'm not mistaken...you can find some Oberon products here but you'd have to wait a bit and I'm not sure if that is this year's date :eek:

New York Renaissance Fair August 4 th to September 23 rd

You can also email them your zip code and how far you're willing to travel. They may have some vendors near you that you could visit.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Paula.  Glad you joined us here at the Boards.  You're going to fit in just fine.  You like accessories as much as we do.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Paula - nice to have you here.  Be sure and let us know what Oberon you get.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Leslie,
Please do! I am crazy to see that purple one. It was the first one I said "I've got to have it" and have second guessed myself about it being too busy.
So, I will watch for you on Friday, waving madly from my cubicle window!
Paula

Leslie said:
Welcome Paula, so glad to have you here! This is a fun and friendly bunch.

I'll be zooming by Albany NY next Friday on my way to Oneonta...I can wave my purple ROH cover at you, if you want. ;D

L

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there, I did email them my zip code , but didn't get anything. I googled that fair and that is definitely a day trip I can make, but who can wait til August to buy several Oberons? I have serious doubts that I have such self restraint....
As a matter of fact I KNOW I do not.
Paula

chynared21 said:
Hi and welcome Paula from a fellow NYer. Nice to have you here with us. So sorry to read about your dog. If I'm not mistaken...you can find some Oberon products here but you'd have to wait a bit and I'm not sure if that is this year's date :eek:

New York Renaissance Fair August 4 th to September 23 rd

You can also email them your zip code and how far you're willing to travel. They may have some vendors near you that you could visit.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Drenee,
I especially like quality and I love all kinds of bags, purses, etc. But I can't very well order a BB until I decide on an Oberon. I was looking at the OBeron bags and that red river garden is stunning, although I don't want it in a cover.

drenee said:
Welcome Paula. Glad you joined us here at the Boards. You're going to fit in just fine. You like accessories as much as we do.
deb

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Paula! Since you are trying to asve for the Oberons, you might want to check out The Book Corner, there you'll find
Bargain Books and Free Books. That should help get you some inexpensive reading. Then you can come back to the
Accessories area and get some Bags and lights and skins and...
Well, that sorta defeats the purpose of saving the money in the first place, doesn't it? Glad you found KindleBoards.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Paula!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Paula, join the Party!!!