Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My sister and I both have Kindles and iphones and we wanted to share our Kindle account. We can't figure out a way to have different payment types.  Both of our Credit Cards are on the account and also set up with 1-click but the Kindle account only lets you have 1 default method of payment.  I read one time that you could use a gift card, although I don't know how that would work either because we'd both have to buy different gift cards and change the 1-click to use either card.

Also, does anyone have any experience with writing to customer support when you have a Kindle issue?  We bought a book based on the release date listed in the Kindle store. We have already read the book but didn't know when we bought this book, we thought it was a new book because of the release date they put up. We've written to customer support 3 times about it but they have never responded. Do you have to call about something like this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
When you have more than one credit card on the account, you can go to your Manage Your Kindle page online and change the one-click method. I share with my daughter and we just go online and change it to our own credit card and then buy the books. It has worked great so far. I buy more books, so when Marcy finishes she always changes it back to my credit card, which helps because I travel a lot and can't always get to the internet.

If you need help, let me know.

Kathy

·
Registered
530 Posts
Actually with the giftcards, when you have them applied to your account the books you buy are paid for via the gift cards before they go to the default 1-click payment method. So if you both bought giftcards those monies would be pooled into a single fund that all kindle purchases would be deducted from until it is all gone.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
If you go the gift certificate route, you should keep track of how much you are spending on the gift card. When you use up the money on the gift card, you buy a new one and add it to the account. It is probably easier to do it that way then to change payment methods every time you log on.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just noticed,  your first post.  Welcome to the zoo, member number 2938.

Regarding your kbook issue.  Yes, you should call Customer Service.  There should be no problem getting a refund.  Should be easy, if you are within seven days of purchase.  I feel you deserve a credit even if you are beyond seven days, since you have a good reason and have made attempts to get this resolved.

Amazon C/S 1-866-321-8851

Do the gift card thing.  Should work good.  I went as far as to setup a dedicated email address and Amazon account for my kbook purchases.  Just deregister your Kindles from existing account and register on new account.  That way your current email address and Amazon account don't get clutted, especially if you do alot of public domain kbooks.  Also good, if you adopt another sister into your family or your parents have another girl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts