Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused about how Amazon payments work.  I live in Australia and was thinking that maybe I could get payments made to my Japanese bank account by EFT rather than getting a cheque (and paying a big whack in bank fees to cash it). 

Does anyone know if that is possible?  I've seen a few posts where people have said they still have to get cheques for US Amazon when they are in the UK but the KDP payment details says you can get payments from all territories except Brazil in yen. 

Is there anyone on here living in Japan or other non-US and non-UK Amazon territories who knows how this works?

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
I have no idea how it works for Japan, but I can receive EFT payments for Amazon DE, FR, IT, ES, JP and CA into my German bank account and EFT payments for Amazon UK into a UK bank account I still have from my student days. Amazon.com only pays by cheque, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
EFT payments can only be made into US bank accounts (for Amazon.com) or European banks (for the other Amazon sites).

If you're from Australia, your only option is a check or getting an account with Payoneer (that's what I did, and now I can get EFT deposits from all Amazon sites).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts