Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Payoneer for years. This week I get an email telling me they need confirmation of my account with Amazon, and they request I upload a screenshot of the account. No problem there.

The problem starts when I try to upload. I get a constant error message. Later when I log on to try again I see a message along the top bar stating the site is having a problem uploading verification, and anyone experiencing said problem should empty the browser cache, and if that doesn't work use the incognito mode on the browser. Did all that. Nope. No help at all.

I used three different browsers. Chrome, Brave, and Safari. No luck. Same error message. I keep trying over two days and get another email today warning me my account will be closed if I don't upload the verification by November 5th.

What gives? Has anyone else received the same request? And, if so, are you experiencing these difficulties uploading docs to them?

And a couple of questions for Payoneer, if your reps read this. I hope so.

Why does Payoneer send out a request without ensuring they allow customers a way to fulfill it? Like actually providing working link so that the required docs can be uploaded to the site? Why does Payoneer issue an ultimatum deadline, a two-week window, while continuing to run an alert on their site that their link may not work. What the heck, Payoneer? And what has happened to your customer support??

· Registered
1,717 Posts
If you want Payoneer--or any company--to respond to something like this, go public on their social media. Detail your issues on FB and Twitter. This kind of thing is bad PR, and most companies will fall all over themselves trying to fix it asap.

· Registered
13,736 Posts
Are you sure the request is from Payoneer and not a scam?
^^^THIS

They have zero business asking for your Amazon account. Zero.

Payoneer proper is a financial institution that falls under financial rules. They will ask for your TFN and ABN if you indicate you're a company. They will ask to verify your ID by asking for your drivers licence number or passport number. They will ask for copies of those. Financial institutions have to do this. There is no need for them to ask for anything else, and if it was me, I would not give it.

· Registered
1,717 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up guys. I thought of a scam at first but discounted it when OP said they were on the site and experiencing difficulties. And should have thought it through.

OP, did you follow a link to get to what looks like Payoneer's site? If so, change your Amazon account password immediately. Hopefully you already have 2 factor auth set up with them.

· Registered
13,736 Posts
I suspect someone reported it and the ISP yanked the scam site, and that's why it doesn't work.

In the place where you read your email (whether that is webmail or through an app like Apple Mail), search how to display the original email's full header, which will show the real email address it was sent from and I bet this isn't Payoneer. Ands yes, change your Amazon password subito.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now, it isn't a scam.

Not unless Amazon has been sending my royalties to a scam-Payoneer site for several years during which time I have successfully made transfers from the site to my bank account in Australia.

The emails arrive at the correct email address I use for communication with Payoneer. I have set up 2FA ages ago and it is extremely unlikely (but not totally impossible these days) for a scammer to overcome that level of security. This is the real Payoneer site.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want Payoneer--or any company--to respond to something like this, go public on their social media. Detail your issues on FB and Twitter. This kind of thing is bad PR, and most companies will fall all over themselves trying to fix it asap.
Posting on this and another site for authors is my first step in bringing the issue to public attention. I hope the issue is resolved because I want to continue with Payoneer. At this stage, just checking to see if others have had similar emails of late from Payoneer, and hoping a rep from the company will actually respond.

· Registered
448 Posts
I use Payoneer to receive royalties and lately for other purposes. Had to go through a LOT of verification stages. Never Amazon. Why don't you just contact their support? The live chat always helped me, though it takes time to get connected.
(Once I had to threaten them that I'd email their CEO and mentioned his email address, but that's a story for another time.😁 PM me if this doesn't get resolved.)

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just to let you know how this situation resolved.

Payoneer verified me finally. This was no scam. It really was Payoneer. My transaction history and current activity were all there for me to see on the website, as was my profile and all the regular Payoneer pages worked, confirming all those requests came from Payoneer.

How I resolved it was by using chat to speak to a representative. Because oddly I was unable to upload screenshots on their verification page (but could upload the screenshots of error messages on their site on chat) they asked me to use Dropbox. WTF?? Perhaps anyone reading this with a better understanding of IT could explain what was happening there.

I am now fully verified, after uploading the requested screenshot of my Amazon profile with only the personal details already showing on my Payoneer profile. I blocked out my personal Amazon account number.

I assume this odd request (that no one reading this thread seems to have encountered yet) reflects the preparations being put in place for a single digital ID system. One that will inevitably affect everyone. Not just indy authors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts