Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a new article on PC World today, written by Robert Strohmeyer, about Kindle -- "Amazon Kindle: A Road Warrior's Best Friend"
www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/159155/amazon_kindle_a_road_warriors_best_friend.html

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the link Glynnis.  I'm just a boring housewife, but like the writer I, too, travel heavy.

17" MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, Westone In-Ear Isolating Headphones, Kindle, Mighty Brite Light, and very often all but the MacBook are stuffed into the side pocket of my Yorkie's Sherpa carry-on bag on a plane!  I use all but the MacBook on every flight I take, usually about four to six per month.

Great article, thanks again!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Great article! I agree with all of it - love my Kindle. Love it!!! And it does remind me of an Imperial Storm Trooper. It is very clunky but for what it does it is truly amazing.

Amazing Amazon! ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Yay:  Someone agrees with me...K.1 is great at what it was designed to do.  (See, it doesn't have to do the dishes or fly to be great and that is coming from a professional!!) Nice article.  Glad some others finally get it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great article.  I also checked out the one his colleague wrote on how to improve the Kindle.  Some very compelling ideas in there.  If K2 is announced tomorrow, and if it will allow me to read PDFs natively all my whining will stop and I will go with the K2.  All my computer software reference manuals that I have to power my laptop up to read will find an instant home on a K2.  I've already converted one to PRC format, but it leaves something to be desired.  We don't have much longer to wait do we.

I'm clueless how I will choose to go if given a decision... I guess it will come down to what is on the purported K2 vs. what they do, if anything, about the K1.  Like has been pointed out, I can offer my chocolate M-Edge Executive, M-Edge Lite, and DecalGirl Far Away Places skin.  I'm sure I can find something to do with the 16GB Transcend SD card if it turns out I couldn't use it (our camera or as bulk archival storage for on the road - as I'm trying to get my data non-resident on the laptop in case it is lost or seized by some overzealous security person).

One thing is for sure though, after reading the original article, I'm more stoked than ever to get my hands on MY Kindle.  I'm about to hit the road again for an extended stint of traveling (as the economy shut me down last quarter, but that shutdown is over now).

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Glynnis said:

There's a new article on PC World today, written by Robert Strohmeyer, about Kindle -- "Amazon Kindle: A Road Warrior's Best Friend"
www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/159155/amazon_kindle_a_road_warriors_best_friend.html
Thanks for posting this. A great read. :)

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
As a frequent road warrior, I wholeheartedly agree with this article. I actually stopped bringing books with me on my business trips, until I got my Kindle. Now I bring everything I just might want to read, and it's a joy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I loved this sentence "My first-gen Kindle has all the visual charm of a Star Wars Imperial Cruiser. It's blocky and clunky, but I love it for its sheer utility."

I LOL. What a great description  :D

Marci

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.