Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some way to take PDF articles I have downloaded and combine like ones into a PDF ebook? I have no problem with having to buy software to do this, but I don't want to get something that won't work. I tried using mobipocket creator and importing  the PDFs but it only lets me import one file or else I just don't underatand how to do this. I am not computer illiterate but have no experience with anything like this. The articles I download are medical in nature and I would like to group together those dealing with certain condtions or drugs and such. Right now I have 400 and some separate articles downloaded, makes it difficult to find what I want. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Lynn L

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
You can email the pdf file to Amazon and they will convert it and email it back. You can have it mailed into your regular email free and download it from your computer to your Kindle or have it emailed directly to your Kindle. They charge a small fee to email directly to your Kindle. To use the free service attach the file to your message and email it to: "name"@free.kindle.com. "name" is the name on your email address on the "Manage Your Kindle" page. To have it returned directly to your Kindle use "name"@kindle.com.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately when they convert the PDF it loses its formatting and the charts and diagrams are not usable. I need to keep them as PDF files. I tried that with the K2, was hoping since the Dx does PDF natively I could make my own PDF book somehow.

Lynn L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I use Adobe Acrobat to combine PDFs.... There are a few Windows and Mac shareware and free utilities that can do this as well, just Google combine PDFs and you'll end up with several options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts