Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an academic who is eagerly awaiting for his Kindle DX, I have written several PERL scripts to scrape the web for research papers (in PDF form) of relevant conferences.  The script also injects author, title, and subject information into the PDF metadata (there is usually garbage in those fields to begin with, as is often the case with metadata).

Since the Kindle has no folders, I am hoping (and praying) that the DX will pick up on this metadata and use it just like it uses tags.  If not, any chance of navigating the thousands upon thousands of papers I've collected is shot.

Do any owners of a Kindle 1 or Kindle 2 know if they look out for existing metadata?  Any guesses on how the DX might behave?

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Kindle 1 and 2 ignore info in PDF metadata fields, I think. I've done extensive converting from PDF to mobi format, and that info never shows up.

I can't say what the DX does, though.

Mike

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Not sure about meta data on pdf, I haven't seen it addressed in any of the DX tests I've seen, in general though I think it depends what metadata you are referring to. I've edited title and author metadata when I converted to .prc and Kindle picks those up fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts