Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now that people have confirmed that oberon is definitely making kindle cases in the same peacock blue color as Patrizias GORGEOUS case my question is what styles do u think they will do and which would look best with that blue color??

Obviously they will probably do a RoH since that was the 1 they did for the gift to patrizia but what others do u also think they will add??
AND do you think they will do a completely new style all together just for this cover?? maybe with an actual peacock with the feathers spanning over onto the back cover???

Add on your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Actually I think they *won't* do RoH... They told her it would be one of a kind, and I hope they keep it that way :)

Personally, I'm hoping for Seaside or Waterfall (both in large journals) in peacock.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
LOL .. Same here.. But who knows.. The color is stunning in person though :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Did you see the other message from ZomZom? He wrote and asked for a science fiction themed cover and Becca wrote back saying that was a great idea and might be great in the new blue color coming out later this year. So who knows, we may be seeing a design we haven't even seen yet -- wouldn't that be fun. Personally, I like the idea of a wrap around cover with the solar system.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Patrizia, have you posted a pic of your peacock blue on the Boards at some point that I might take a peek at?  I'll look through the threads for it if you know approximately the time you might have posted it.  I'm just curious to see the color.
thanks, deb

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thank you, Leslie.  I remember it now.  Very pretty blue.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Woo, that's beautiful! If that color became available in a pattern I like, I'd finally have an Oberon....

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Steph H said:
Woo, that's beautiful! If that color became available in a pattern I like, I'd finally have an Oberon....
I'm thinking any pattern that makes some sense with blue - Hokusai Wave, Butterfly, Raven, Iris (I hope!). River Garden could be nice in blue also. And, of course, ROH, but that is Patrizia's! ;) The tree and forest ones, I wouldn't like in blue.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I hope they offer this color for more than the Kindle covers. I would love to have a journal in such a beautiful color! I think it may push me to finally make the leap and get one! Or a handbag...

·
Registered
736 Posts
The peacock blue is stunning!  Oberon is now making it even more impossible to decide on just one color and design!  Between Amazon gift cards and Oberon, at least I have a birthday and holiday wish list :) 

·
Registered
921 Posts
It would be nice if they came out with this color in a Kindle cover design that isn't available yet.  Seems like that would make that color really special.  Possible since the color is peacock blue maybe a peacock would look nice.  Just an idea.  I like the solar system idea also.  A wrap-around cover with lots of detail in that color would be nice.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Leslie said:
Did you see the other message from ZomZom? He wrote and asked for a science fiction themed cover and Becca wrote back saying that was a great idea and might be great in the new blue color coming out later this year. So who knows, we may be seeing a design we haven't even seen yet -- wouldn't that be fun. Personally, I like the idea of a wrap around cover with the solar system.

L
I agree leslie - that would be really nice!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I do want to make it clear as I did in my first post.. I have done some PR work for them for no pay and am glad to do it (they did not ask I offered, I had the time and the resources) this blue is unique and the blue they are doing I am told is similar but won't be the same exact shade.. right now this is a one of a kind.. they sent it to me as a thank you for the work.  I had NO idea they were going to do that it was a suprise since I mentioned I loved the blue. 

IF they do the blue it will be around fall or winter.. NOW knowing them it could be earlier as well.. LOL but please do not request this as its not "out" yet.. but since there was so much speculation on the blue I wanted you to get an idea of what they were working on.. consider it a sneak peek :) lol and yes I LOVE it.. as I do all over Oberons Items!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love how the blue and saddle ROH  show the shade variations on the part above the shepherd.  I wish my purple one had the shading.

I love the purple color just would love more shading.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wonder how they'll tweak the color for final production? Based on the photos I would say the Peacock Blue is a bit more feminine than I would want. Ideally I'd like something closer to Audi's Pelican Blue seen below:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts