Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I need to stop hanging around here - I may be an enabler but I'm getting enabled as well! Saw this skin on eBay & had been resisting but I finally gave in. Liked the Garden at Giverny but after I took pics I realized it always looks better (to me) in pics than in real life. And I loved the colors of Disarray, and this custom skin has some of the colors PLUS the matching ToL theme. So I caved. Here she is sporting her new skin & "face" (still have the Nouveau Disney princesses in screensaver rotation too). I found the pic in Google images that the skin had been taken so made it into a screensaver (but alas, I couldn't get the size quite right :'( ) I'm toying with the idea of a bunch of different ToL images (there are quite a few in Google images) as screensavers but for now I'll stick with the princesses & this one.

Also pulled an old charm out of my jewelry box to use on the bungee after reading about people using their Oberon charms - I didn't get one since my cover also came off eBay...

Google image:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That looks beautiful, great choice!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
One of a kind,congrats!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Meemo said:
Apparently I need to stop hanging around here - I may be an enabler but I'm getting enabled as well! Saw this skin on eBay & had been resisting but I finally gave in. Liked the Garden at Giverny but after I took pics I realized it always looks better (to me) in pics than in real life. And I loved the colors of Disarray, and this custom skin has some of the colors PLUS the matching ToL theme. So I caved. Here she is sporting her new skin & "face" (still have the Nouveau Disney princesses in screensaver rotation too). I found the pic in Google images that the skin had been taken so made it into a screensaver (but alas, I couldn't get the size quite right :'( ) I'm toying with the idea of a bunch of different ToL images (there are quite a few in Google images) as screensavers but for now I'll stick with the princesses & this one.

Also pulled an old charm out of my jewelry box to use on the bungee after reading about people using their Oberon charms - I didn't get one since my cover also came off eBay...

Google image:
Oh my, I was sooooo pleased to see this! I am (pure-la)! Just beautiful!!!
You have done a beautiful job, I wish you many, many happy happy years of reading!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KindleLa said:
Oh my, I was sooooo pleased to see this! I am (pure-la)! Just beautiful!!!
You have done a beautiful job, I wish you many, many happy happy years of reading!
Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your Kindle 2!
Y'all - KindleLa is who I got the skin from on eBay (she'd ordered a K1 but got the K2). I was THAT close to winning one of your Oberons w/skin when you had them up, lost out at the last second...But that's okay, I LOVE the ToL as well.
I'm very pleased with it - which reminds me - feedback!!! Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ooooh, gorgeous - thanks Jim!  That one is so saved to go live with the Princesses...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts