Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I bought a copy of Imperial Woman: The Story of the Last Empress of China published in 1956 at an estate sale. I collect vintage DTB for the sheer beauty and design of them. I seldom read them, most are too fragile or the story so outdated it does not interest me. I was going through some of my collection yesterday cause I am preparing for a yard sale and after reading the dust jacket, I found the story so intriguing I decided to read it.

The book itself is in very good condition, but I went to see if it was in a kindle version anyway. It is a large-ish hardback and they type is pretty small. If it was ava to download at a good price, I would do it in heartbeat. Sadly none of her books are available via kindle! I have never read her before but now just a few chapters in, I already know I want to check out her other books. I have clicked all the links to alert the publisher...I might even try writing them since they have recently released new paperback editions.

There is another version that is on kindle of this story told in two books but they did not have the glowing reviews of Pearl's:

They look pretty good though. Anyone read both? Or either? Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I read everything Pearl Buck wrote when I was a teenager.  I would dearly love to have them kindelized and I frequently click "Please Tell The Publisher" for all of her Imperial China stories.  If you liked Imperial Woman, you would also like Pavilion of Women.

I haven't read Ancher Min, but will look for one of these if I can bring myself to read in paper form again.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crebel said:
I haven't read Ancher Min, but will look for one of these if I can bring myself to read in paper form again.
No worries there, she is on kindle :)!

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Thanks.  I didn't scroll down far enough.  When your links went to the paper book page, I didn't check to see if there was a kindle version.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Pearl S. Buck is from my hometown. Sadly, I don't know enough about her writing to have ever read any of her books.

Same for James Michener.

:eek:

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I'm afraid the only Pearl S. Buck story I'm familiar with is The Good Earth and I only know about it from the old black and white movie. I didn't even realize she had written anything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts