Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reported about a week ago (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5062.msg105433.html#msg105433) that the Personal Docs list was not working due to something in the software and that Amazon was working on it and would be sending out a software update to fix the issue.

Personal Docs is supposed to contain all documents that you either upload yourself or documents you send to Amazon to have converted and downloaded wirelessly. Well it looks like they slipped in an update that does not iterate the software version (I'm still at 2.0.1). I saw a download notification on my device and lo and behold, my Personal Docs are working! For those of us that want folders, in a manner of speaking, this is the closest that we can get for now, but at least all my junk is not mixed up with my other stuff.

I for one am delighted and look for more fixes to come!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luvmy4brats said:
Oh WOW! It WORKS!!!! This is great news!

I've been sending the Amazon.com Forum posts to my Kindle.
***Doin' the happy dance on the couch!*** 8)
(The G&Ts are helping) ;D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Jesslyn said:
***Doin' the happy dance on the couch!*** 8)
(The G&Ts are helping) ;D
Tom Cruise share's Jesslyn's news with the nation..

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

....Oprah gives away free G&T's to the audience. :-X

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh--thats too funny!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I am so happy this is working now. I've sent myself about 30 documents and they're all sorting to the Personal Docs.

If only they'd only add one more tab for samples, I'd be set for awhile. It would be SO nice to separate out the samples too. I might even stop complaining about needing folders if they did that. It's the samples and Personal Docs that clutter up my home page.

·
Registered
213 Posts
hmmm, not working for me yet... ???  If it's like the K1 updates, they don't all come out at once - maybe I'll be updated tomorrow?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Since that has been worked out, Come On, Folders!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At this point I would settle for Amazon adding Samples, then a Read (vs. UnRead) folder. 

The CS rep was incorrect in one thing.  Contrary to the manual and his statement, books you upload via USB are still showing under Books, not Personal Docs

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok, maybe I am missing something.  No "personal docs" for me.  I emailed a few things to my Kindle again today, but they still show up on the home page like any other book.  Do I need to do something to have a "personal docs" list?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Do you  have a K1 or K2? Only K2 has the personal docs list thingy.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Then, "never mind"! ;) Someone else will have to help as I only have K1. :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
traceyreads said:
Ok, maybe I am missing something. No "personal docs" for me. I emailed a few things to my Kindle again today, but they still show up on the home page like any other book. Do I need to do something to have a "personal docs" list?
Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if you've gotten the upgrade. When you do, you'll be able to email and get the docs on your Personal Docs list.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't seem to have the personal docs thing on my K1 either. Do I have to leave the Whispernet on all the time to get this update? If and when I get this update -- do I have to delete all my docs that I loaded and then resend them?  I have been sending them by email right to my Kindle (paying .10) and everything ends up on the homepage -- which is becoming increasingly difficult to manage.  ::) Is it better to put them on the Kindle through USB or just a personal preference?  Just curious.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Judith said:
I don't seem to have the personal docs thing on my K1 either. Do I have to leave the Whispernet on all the time to get this update? If and when I get this update -- do I have to delete all my docs that I loaded and then resend them? I have been sending them by email right to my Kindle (paying .10) and everything ends up on the homepage -- which is becoming increasingly difficult to manage. ::) Is it better to put them on the Kindle through USB or just a personal preference? Just curious.
Steph H said:
Do you have a K1 or K2? Only K2 has the personal docs list thingy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts