Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going totally off Kindle topic here, but as so many of you are pet lovers I hope you might be able to help.  My 7 year old dog is starting to have trouble jumping up onto the bed and I would like to find some sturdy pet stairs that won't slip on the hardwood for her to use. (she's too heavy for me to lift) What I've found so far online through the big box pet stores just doesn't seem very substantial or stable.  Any ideas? 

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ConnieK said:
Going totally off Kindle topic here, but as so many of you are pet lovers I hope you might be able to help. My 7 year old dog is starting to have trouble jumping up onto the bed and I would like to find some sturdy pet stairs that won't slip on the hardwood for her to use. (she's too heavy for me to lift) What I've found so far online through the big box pet stores just doesn't seem very substantial or stable. Any ideas?
They make stairs for people to climb into bed, which are probably a lot sturdier. You might try to find some of those.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have 2 steps of stairs for Harley. He only weighs about 18-20 pounds and the stairs I bought are rated for up to 40. They work great for him. I got one set at Bed, Bath & Beyonds for about $25 and found the other at Walgreens for $10 on clearance. We plan to eventually replace them with something a bit sturdier. These are made of some type of plasitc with a cover.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
sjc said:
Do NOT get the ones called Doggy Steps they are not sturdy and I do believe, there was a recall on them. Sold in stores like Walgreens, RiteAid, Walmart...etc.

I had the fold-up ones pictured on the top left photo in the link below (slid a bit on hardwoods--I glued rubber grips to bottom) but very sturdy:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/mercado/search.do?freeText=pet+stairs&cm_mmc=YahooKW-_-2009-_-PetCare-_-%5Bpet+stairs+steps%5D&code-macs=MP9WYHO&code=MP9WYHO
You are right... the ones we got at Walgreens were very light weight. We use them at Larry's apt so they aren't used very often and the bed there isn't as high as the one at home. The ones we have at home are sturdier.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
pidge:  Love the gorgeous baby...steps are nice too...lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts