Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed novel # 2 in February and have not touched it since!  Granted I was busy promoting DR and completing The Chemist.  But now I'm ready to write the 2nd draft, re-edit, look at cover designs etc. and it's tough to kick it in gear.
What are some hints/tips/thoughts that help you get inspired?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sometimes it's really hard to get inspired to head back into the trenches and pound that draft into shape. I have a hard time getting started--I'm usually tired of a book by the time I finish the first draft--but once I do, I find that I enjoy the material again, especially if I've had a break from it.

There's no way around it--You just have to push yourself into it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is true, the break, definitely helped.  But, I'm only 14 pages into a 300+pg novel!
I wonder, does anyone set page goals or word goals/day?

·
Registered
390 Posts
You really just have to push yourself. I sit at my desktop, shut off my internet, and just go to town until I've revised 4 or 5 chapters.

That said, I enjoy early revisions/edits of my work, while it's still fresh. But after the 10th or 11th time, I start contemplating running naked into traffic.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you find out let me know! I have given up writing completely, leaving my one and only novel to notch up a handful of sales as an unloved and unread eBook sitting unwanted on a few hundred Kindles across the world

1 - 6 of 6 Posts