Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Harvey,

Mine was the kindle that spent the night on the side of the road (and kept on ticking)... As I said in my horror story, the only thing that is not working right is that, while I can toggle back and forth between awake and sleep, if it is in sleep mode too long, or goes into sleep mode on its own, I can't wake it up (have to turn off/on). I was wondering if you think I could accomplish anything by opening it up and checking out under they keys for dirt or something? Or should I just leave well enough alone?

·
Premium Member
12,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bosslady said:
Hi Harvey,

Mine was the kindle that spent the night on the side of the road (and kept on ticking)... As I said in my horror story, the only thing that is not working right is that, while I can toggle back and forth between awake and sleep, if it is in sleep mode too long, or goes into sleep mode on its own, I can't wake it up (have to turn off/on). I was wondering if you think I could accomplish anything by opening it up and checking out under they keys for dirt or something? Or should I just leave well enough alone?
I would advise against opening it up. It wouldn't take much to have it not work at all when you re-assemble it. So breaking into it would definitely be a last-resort kind of action.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.