·
0 Posts
Doesn't that invalidate the warranty?

If it does, I promise I won't tell.    ;D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Harvey,

Mine was the kindle that spent the night on the side of the road (and kept on ticking)... As I said in my horror story, the only thing that is not working right is that, while I can toggle back and forth between awake and sleep, if it is in sleep mode too long, or goes into sleep mode on its own, I can't wake it up (have to turn off/on). I was wondering if you think I could accomplish anything by opening it up and checking out under they keys for dirt or something? Or should I just leave well enough alone?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bosslady said:
Hi Harvey,

Mine was the kindle that spent the night on the side of the road (and kept on ticking)... As I said in my horror story, the only thing that is not working right is that, while I can toggle back and forth between awake and sleep, if it is in sleep mode too long, or goes into sleep mode on its own, I can't wake it up (have to turn off/on). I was wondering if you think I could accomplish anything by opening it up and checking out under they keys for dirt or something? Or should I just leave well enough alone?
I would advise against opening it up. It wouldn't take much to have it not work at all when you re-assemble it. So breaking into it would definitely be a last-resort kind of action.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had to flip Keiko over before I looked so she wouldn't get traumatized.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Big deal. When I was a kid I took things apart all the time. Let's see the photos of him putting it back together ;D

·
Registered
433 Posts
OMG!!! Who would do that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts