Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the cute little photos I see on everyone's profiles personal photos? Like your's for instance Leslie of the Amazon Kindle FAQ cover and I've seen animals. authors, etc?

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I uploaded mine from my personal photos.

Ann

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Mine is just me.  It just occured to me that it's probably not that safe, but I trust my fellow kindlers!!  

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ah, the world of avatars! People get very creative. I love that one of Mark Twain, Jeff. I might change mine and put Sir Sterndale Bennett, since that's the name of my Kindle!

Linda, if you go to your profile, it will give you an option to upload a photo (from your computer) to use as an avatar. So if you have picture of yourself, your cat, your dog, your car or whatever, you can use that.

If you get a picture from the Internet, right click to save it to your computer, then upload as an avatar.

Putting pictures in messages is a slightly different process. In the forum hints section, Harvey has instructions on what to do.

Leslie

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
You guys motivated me to find something a bit different...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
One thing you might notice, Linda, is that when you change your avatar, it changes everywhere....all your previous postings as well as any new ones.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now to really show how computer unsavy ( is that a word?) I am, what is an avatar? No laughing guys!  :-\ And no I don't have have a digital camera either but I DO want a cute picture. Help me ya'll!

Linda

·
Registered
17 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Now to really show how computer unsavy ( is that a word?) I am, what is an avatar? No laughing guys! :-\ And no I don't have have a digital camera either but I DO want a cute picture. Help me ya'll!

Linda
An avatar is generally just meant as a "virtual representation" of yourself. On this board it's the pictures underneath people's names.

Characters in online games (like World of Warcraft) can be considered avatars as well. The Mii from the Nintendo Wii is an avatar because it's your representation of you on other Wii's, etc.

B

·
0 Posts
Avatar is that cute little pic on the left side of a post under the name of the poster. Almost any pic you can find online can be saved to your computer and then be uploaded to use as your avatar. (Just check site for copyright warnings before doing so.) To save a pic from online, right click on it and choose save image as..., then choose a place on your computer where you will easily find it, such as Desktop.  Click save. Then, in your profile here on the board, upload it and use as your avatar.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOO HOO I have an avatar!! I am so excited I could do that. I have very, very basic computer skills. Never could have done it without my Kindle buddies.  ::)

Thanks,
Linda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
WOO HOO I have an avatar!! I am so excited I could do that. I have very, very basic computer skills. Never could have done it without my Kindle buddies. ::)

Thanks,
Linda
And it's a pretty one, too! Good job...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Baba (cush) thinks his avatar is happier then mine.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
mine is just me also, I do wish they were a tad bigger though it would be nice to see faces a little clearer :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts