Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta say I love them both. They both came in the mail yesterday. Now I'm so torn as I planned on returning the M-Edge since I have an Oberon on order - but, now I don't know what to do. :-\

It is a tight fit on the width of the Borsa Bella bag, but, I can zip it easily so I'm not too concerned about it. It would be perfect about 1/2 an inch wider to accommodate the M-Edge (I have the Genuine Leather Prodigy in Sapphire Blue).

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Very nice, thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Shawna said:
I gotta say I love them both. They both came in the mail yesterday. Now I'm so torn as I planned on returning the M-Edge since I have an Oberon on order - but, now I don't know what to do. :-\

It is a tight fit on the width of the Borsa Bella bag, but, I can zip it easily so I'm not too concerned about it. It would be perfect about 1/2 an inch wider to accommodate the M-Edge (I have the Genuine Leather Executive in Sapphire Blue).

Is that the executive or the prodigy model? Looks like it has the hinge system. I thought only the prodigy had the hinge. Just wondering.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know it does have the hinge system, I've been confused on the "right" name for it!!  It must be the prodigy!  I ordered and cancelled a couple of times and can't keep the names straight.  Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I changed it to Prodigy in my original post.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ooooh, looks awesome! I'm thinking about getting the same M-edge cover in the same color, so thanks for the photos!

All of these Borsa Bella covers look nice too--I've seen quite a few of them in posts lately!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great pics!  Shawna, what are the dimensions of your M-Edge cover?  I ordered the same bag am now wondering whether the oberon would fit :(

·
Registered
377 Posts
Your pics are gorgeous!  I am trying to resist the m-edge cover but all these pics have me soooo tempted!  Is your Borsa Bella bag the 10x7? Or the 9x6?  :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't get it. Does the Kindle really need a padded cover like the M-Edge AND another padded cover like the Borsa Bella? Is that not overkill, and oversized?

I'm looking for a simple sleeve cover just to protect my K1 and M-edge from dirt in my backpack. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Shawna said:

It is a tight fit on the width of the Borsa Bella bag, but, I can zip it easily so I'm not too concerned about it. It would be perfect about 1/2 an inch wider to accommodate the M-Edge (I have the Genuine Leather Prodigy in Sapphire Blue).

Love them Shawna! So pretty.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
skanter said:
I don't get it. Does the Kindle really need a padded cover like the M-Edge AND another padded cover like the Borsa Bella? Is that not overkill, and oversized?

I'm looking for a simple sleeve cover just to protect my K1 and M-edge from dirt in my backpack. Any ideas?
I think it is a personal choice skanter. With my Klassic I only had the Oberon cover but with my K 2 I have both. I love the Borsa Bella bag for protection in purse and another reason is I can stick my DL and debit card in the Borsa Bag with my Kindle and use it if I don't want to carry my purse. It isn't overkill or over sized for me for what I want. I think you should be able to find a simple sleeve for your Kindle. :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
So Shawna------How do you like that hinge system.  It looks like it's the same system that's in the amazon cover and I really like it so I'm sure I'd like the prodigy.  Does it fold back flat.  That's what I do like about the amazon cover is that when it's folded back, it's nice and flat.  I just wish the amazon cover had a little more padding under the leather like the M-edge does.  I got my M-edge platform yesterday and I like the padding on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I think it is a personal choice skanter. With my Klassic I only had the Oberon cover but with my K 2 I have both. I love the Borsa Bella bag for protection in purse and another reason is I can stick my DL and debit card in the Borsa Bag with my Kindle and use it if I don't want to carry my purse. It isn't overkill or over sized for me for what I want. I think you should be able to find a simple sleeve for your Kindle. :)
Linda, I wasn't putting down your choice, just trying to see the reasoning behind it. I really like the M-Edge case, but it doesn't protect the screen as well as the original K1 case did (padding on left side) so I thought another cover would be small and light, without additional padding. If I could try the BB with my K1, I might like it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
skanter said:
Linda, I wasn't putting down your choice, just trying to see the reasoning behind it. I really like the M-Edge case, but it doesn't protect the screen as well as the original K1 case did (padding on left side) so I thought another cover would be small and light, without additional padding. If I could try the BB with my K1, I might like it.
Oh I knew you weren't putting my choice down, I was explaining why I like the BB. ;DShe does have a sleeve just for the Kindle I think, it may would work for you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
skanter said:

The only reason I have both is for in my purse (around home I just use the M-Edge). I have two little kids and my purse is constantly full of crumbs from various snacks, wet wipes, sippy cups ... The zippered cover protects the edges of my Kindle from these hazards where the M-Edge can't. It does make it bulkier for in my purse but, it's worth it to me for the extra protection. Believe me, my husband questioned my rationale for all the accessories too!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts