Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the way my Kindle displays different pictures when you put it to sleep.  This morning a co-worker (who also has a Kindle) and I were discussing the letter "B" that comes up as one of the screen saver pictures.  Then we started to wonder what the "B" stood for.  As she has a name that starts with "B" she thought it was for her name.  I see the same "B" the problem is I have a name that starts with B as well.  I told her though that I didnt think amazon would load 1 letter specifically for each person who bought a Kindle-but you never know... So have you seen the "B"? or do you have another letter?  If it is the "B" what do you think it stands for?  I'm guessing the obvious BOOKS.

RLA1996

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have the B and not a single B in any of my three names! I am with you...I bet it stands for Books.

Lots of people have commented that the B is their favorite screensaver.

L

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok now that we've established that everyone sees the "B".  She wants to know what the font is and if she can get the rest of the alphabet to match somewhere. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think I heard somewhere that all of the pictures for the screensavers came from Wikipedia...or at least all of the pictures of the authors did. But the pictures are all public domain items that could be freely used. Maybe there is a way to search Wiki for antique fonts or something and find the picture and then find out what font it is?

L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts