Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randomly I'll get a wild hair and just do a kindle search on a particular author to see what pops up. I hadn't looked for awhile so last night I searched on Piers Anthony .... now I know all this Xanth books and Cluster books are out, but I was elate to find that the entire 6 books of Bio of a Space Tyrant were kindlized. I loved this series as a kid. The first book came out in 83 when was a cocky 17yo. and the rest came over the next 3 years or so .... so high school and college for me.

Its the story of a young hispanic guy in a solar system where the planets and moons are analogs to our current nations. He's first a refugee sneaking into the US analog from and eventual rises to rule over a vast empire. This first one, Refugee is the story of the travel to Jupiter and is full of Pirates, death, rape, hunger .... its a rough read for a kid but I was sucked in immediately .....

and the best thing is this first one is $2.99 and the rest are $5 ..... The publisher is a small house, Premier Digital Publishing, who I looked up online and they have some Anthony backlist titles. I hope this works and more come out, The Tarot series, Incarnations of Immortality, Battle Circle, Apprentice Adept ... there is so much I would love to have to read again.

I got Refugee last night and I hope it lives up to my memories of it. I'm a happy boy today.

· Registered
21,032 Posts
I think 3 or 4 of the Incarnations of Immortality books are on kindle, plus one he wrote about Nox after the series. 

Technically, Tarot should be one book,it was broken into three parts by the publisher against his wishes.

· Registered
4,399 Posts
Ooooh!!!! They're Kindlized now?  AWESOME news.  I HAVE to get these for hubby.  He's a sci-fi fan, in IMO it's a classic of the genre.

· Registered
741 Posts
I LOVED the Xanth books as a kid! Ate up all the puns and waited impatiently for the next one to come out. :) Nowadays though they all seem the same and I haven't read a new one in years, but I do have fond memories. I remember reading VIRTUAL MODE when I was the same age as the protagonist but by the time the next few books came out I'd grown up and moved on. I remember loving his Incarnations series but I worry some of the love may not translate to my adult self.

One memorable PA book for me was MUTE, a book I found hiding in the back of a library. My kid self thoroughly enjoyed it.

· Premium Member
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scarlet said:
I think 3 or 4 of the Incarnations of Immortality books are on kindle, plus one he wrote about Nox after the series.

Technically, Tarot should be one book,it was broken into three parts by the publisher against his wishes.
I think one of them is ... I saw Tangled Skein but that's a little foolish as it's like book 3 or 4 or sometime .... My favorites in that series are On a Pale Horse and For the Love of Evil .....

Not to change authors completely, but I'm going to - Well World is available on baen.com but I want more more more Jack Chalker too ... especially the Soul Rider series and the Dancing Gods.

· Registered
4,139 Posts
I had to post here because my online moniker came from Peirs Anthony's Robot Adept series.

He's a super-nice guy. He even gave me an interview for my blog! I was stunned and very proud.  ;D

I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, but a search for "Piers Anthony" would bring it up.

I think he's trying to get all of his book Kindlized.  :)

· Premium Member
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm half way through Refugee now and it is as good as I remember. I think the thing that sucked me in at 17 is this is space opera with heavy topics like rape and murder and losing ones virginity (very important topic to a 17yo). This time through I'm enjoying it just as much without being overly surprised at what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.