Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm delighted to say that, thanks to the wonderful Bristlecone Pine Press, the Kindle eBook version of my gay comedy, Pink Champagne and Apple Juice, is now out on Amazon US and can be found here:

The blurb is:
Angie Howard has one ambition - to escape from her home in the idyllic Essex countryside and set up her own café in London. Once there, she seeks out her long-lost Uncle John, whose lifestyle is not at all what she expected. Before she can achieve her goal, she has to juggle the needs of a glamorous French waiter, a grouchy German chef and her exuberant, transvestite uncle. All of it in the exotic melting pot of Uncle John's gay nightclub, The Den. What's more, if she manages to keep the lid on all that, what will she do about the other hidden secrets of her family?

I hope those of you who pick up a copy enjoy the read - it's very different from Thorn in the Flesh, but I enjoyed writing it just as much!

:)

A
xxx

Edit: added Kindleboards link and cover image. LHN

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thanks for the post Anne, I am getting a sample!  :) I loved Thorn in the Flesh. I am always open to new authors and trying something new and different.

Linda

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Linda - hope you enjoy the sample!

A
xxx

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sampled it as well. It looks interesting and fun!

Although when my first thought when I saw this thread was "yum!"

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I sampled it, too.  It looks like fun. 

I liked the title, although it made me thirsty.  I thought for a minute this was the "What do you drink" thread.  :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just got it.

It will be a little while before i get to it though, darn it cause i just started another big book.

Thanks Anne!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Anne!  I downloaded both samples. 

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys - hope you enjoy the read!

And I certainly wouldn't add tea to the mix, Dori - a cocktail too far for sure!

A
xxx

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I got the sample for this yesterday and enjoyed it enough to purchase this morning.
It's not the type of book I usually read, so I really appreciate the post.
I'm learning so much from everyone here!
Andra

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The book sounds fun, and I've gotten the sample.

However, I'd like to say something, and I hope this doesn't come off sounding snotty; it's a well-meant comment, in the spirit of helping an author, and it's something that I know from reading this forum and others that I'm not the only one to notice when it's done. And that is, that the one review currently shown for this book, a 5-star review, appears to have been left by the author. Yes, it does appear that perhaps it's a copy of a review done somewhere else by somebody else, but that doesn't negate the fact that on Amazon, it was left by the author. That's just not generally looked on favorably by customers, it comes across as a "shill" of sorts, an inflated way of getting a fake rating score, when the author does it themself.

So you might want to consider deleting it. Better to have no reviews than only one by the author, IMO. But maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Andra & Steph - much appreciated!

And yes I do understand the comments about the review, but it wasn't actually written by me. It's a review that appeared in Gold Dust Magazine when the paperback of Pink Champagne and Apple Juice first came out. I hope I do make that clear in the text - many apologies if not. I imagine it would look better if it wasn't posted by me - but as every writer knows you've got to push just a little bit if you want to be heard. Especially as I only sell in the 10s rather than the 100s. I can't afford not to, I'm afraid!

But, on a serious level, I did think it was the best of my reviews to post as it gives an overarching view of the story so potential readers can decide whether to give it a try or not. I hope that won't be too upsetting or immoral for people.

A
xxx

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Anne, I personally don't see a problem with it. At the end of the review it stated " A Review by David Gardnier for Gold Dust Magazine." I think if people read the entire review and don't just scan through they can see the review information.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I also think it's important to point out that the book was published in print in the UK and as such, was not readily available to US readers. Having it on Mobipocket and Amazon (Kindle) brings it to a whole new audience. It was reviewed, however, in the UK and so is not a "brand new" book but does have a track record which is useful information to share.

L

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Linda & Leslie - the last thing I wanted to do was upset people. I do hope that doesn't happen. I'm really quite sweet - under the mad red hair ...

Love & hugs

A
xxx

PS Must find a comb that will actually go through my hair ...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie, I sampled this book way back when and really enjoyed it.  I never got around to buying it because I have such a backlog to read, I've practically stopped buying.  Now that you've reminded me, I went ahead and got it.  I think it will be a good read on my vacation in two weeks. 

1 - 20 of 32 Posts