Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pink experts and lovers - please help!

I really don't need another cover but REALLY want a pink one for the summer (or what is left of it).  I have the $10 Amazon special offer to use but that limits the pink possibilities.

Pink Amazon - Love this pink but finding I am not as big a fan of the hinges as I thought I would.  I like the clean look that doesn't cover my skin and the kindle is secure but worried about cracking.  I don't always close up the elastic and have come close to opening it wrong.  :-[  I haven't had any issues with the updated unlighted but read a recent review from someone that did (but not sure that she bought a NEW updated one).

M-edge - Many of their covers for the K3 have the square binding and I really, really don't like that.  So unfortunately that rules out the Executive and others.    The old style Executive was the BEST and IMO close to the perfect cover!    :(  The pink Capital jacket is no longer available so it seems like the only one that is pink with a rounded binding is the Latitude.  The front is not all pink though and not sure I would be crazy about the zippers but maybe they would be OK. 

Any comments or other suggestions.  I could just get another pink cover other than the ones above but don't want to spend alot.  I don't want a real light pink or a fuschia - just an in between pink.

Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Marie, I have the lighted pink Kindle cover from Amazon and have never had problems with it.  Love the color; very vibrant!  As far as the elastic strap, if you just make it a habit to use it each time you close the cover, you won't even think about it after doing it a few times. It really only takes an extra second to secure the cover with it, and then you know your Kindle is always protected and you won't inadvertently open the cover wrong.  I have purchased a cheaper cover from Amazon with elastic corners, but the quality and attractiveness is just not the same, and I never felt my Kindle was secure in it.  Good luck in your search.  Just wanted to let you know that the pink Kindle cover from Amazon is gorgeous!  And, welcome to the world of pink lovers!  :D  Soon, you'll need a pink e-pillow from Alice to match your pink cover.  Oh, the lengths we go to in an effort to keep our Kindles fashionable!  LOL

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have a pink croc from Javoedge for my K2.  Love it.  A perfect pink for me. 
I looked on Amazon and Javoedge has a couple of different pink choices for K3. 
Good luck.  I also love pink.
deb

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BookLady said:
Marie, I have the lighted pink Kindle cover from Amazon and have never had problems with it. Love the color; very vibrant! As far as the elastic strap, if you just make it a habit to use it each time you close the cover, you won't even think about it after doing it a few times. It really only takes an extra second to secure the cover with it, and then you know your Kindle is always protected and you won't inadvertently open the cover wrong. I have purchased a cheaper cover from Amazon with elastic corners, but the quality and attractiveness is just not the same, and I never felt my Kindle was secure in it. Good luck in your search. Just wanted to let you know that the pink Kindle cover from Amazon is gorgeous! And, welcome to the world of pink lovers! :D Soon, you'll need a pink e-pillow from Alice to match your pink cover. Oh, the lengths we go to in an effort to keep our Kindles fashionable! LOL
Thanks. I think I will go for it!!! ;D Then I will DEFINITELY not need to buy another cover. The Amazon pink did look like the perfect pink - not too light and not fuscia pink. Oh I'm sure I will need an e-pillow to match and a skin and........... My kindle is better dressed than me.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Marie, I have the pink Amazon lighted cover and it's definitely not a baby pink color.  Some people call it hot pink but I don't consider it hot pink either.  If I had to chose another word to describe it I probably would say raspberry.  Also, if you are concerned about opening it the wrong way accidentally, you can buy these little velcro dots that are sticky, sometimes I put one of those on the back of my Kindle toward the outer right hand edge and that keeps it from opening wrong.  I put one there because I like for my Kindle to feel really tight up against the hinges and sometimes it feels a teensy bit wobbly, which irritates me.

I would recommend the pink Noreve too, but I think that's more pastel than you would like.  Although it does seem Noreve has intensified their colors, I know the purple Noreve I have for my K3 is definitely NOT the same color as the purple one I had for my K2.  It's almost a cornflower purple, if that makes sense.  I've tried repeatedly to take pictures of it and it looks blue in every picture I take.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PG4003 (Patricia) said:
Marie, I have the pink Amazon lighted cover and it's definitely not a baby pink color. Some people call it hot pink but I don't consider it hot pink either. If I had to chose another word to describe it I probably would say raspberry. Also, if you are concerned about opening it the wrong way accidentally, you can buy these little velcro dots that are sticky, sometimes I put one of those on the back of my Kindle toward the outer right hand edge and that keeps it from opening wrong. I put one there because I like for my Kindle to feel really tight up against the hinges and sometimes it feels a teensy bit wobbly, which irritates me.

I would recommend the pink Noreve too, but I think that's more pastel than you would like. Although it does seem Noreve has intensified their colors, I know the purple Noreve I have for my K3 is definitely NOT the same color as the purple one I had for my K2. It's almost a cornflower purple, if that makes sense. I've tried repeatedly to take pictures of it and it looks blue in every picture I take.
Thanks Patricia. Great idea about the velcro. I do like the Amazon pink so ordered it. I like the Noreve covers but didn't want to pay that much for my pink one. I will be outside with it and would be paranoid with an expensive Noreve.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Glad you reached a decision you feel good about.  I feel you will love the Amazon pink Kindle cover; really nice pink and great protection.  Enjoy! 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts