Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold 170 copies of Guardian of Eden yesterday after being mentioned on their site. If you have the funds, definitely support their operation over there and buy a sponsorship!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Congrats!  I'm waiting for them to open back up for subs and see the requirements and pricing again... last time I say it, the fee was closing near $150 and they required 10 5-star reviews.  Hard for me there since I just released my book two days ago.  But I'm sure we'll all get there soon enough - haha! :)

Glad to see it worked for you.  Here's to more sales!

-jb 8)

G

·
Congratulations on your sales!

I'm waiting for tomorrow to see what the new requirements are. Since my reviews get split evenly between .co.uk and .com getting ten is proving tricky. Does anyone know how to submit a book to their roughcuts section, or what the requirements are? It looks like it would be more appropriate for new releases.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had no idea they even had that section. Seems interesting though. From looking at it, I think maybe a reader has to suggest your book. Not sure though.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Sybil Nelson said:
I sold 170 copies of Guardian of Eden yesterday after being mentioned on their site. If you have the funds, definitely support their operation over there and buy a sponsorship!
Glad to hear that worked out so well for you. But they won't accept advertising for every book. I tried to sponsor and ad for my book and was turned down. No reason given. That's okay. I'll take my money elsewhere. Oh, let me ad here that I ran an ad in Chris's Week in Rewind. Well worth the bucks. He was really helpful in setting everything up, and his ads seem to have a 'long tail.' The book did very well for about a week after the ad as well.

Chris.. you go, guy!

Best!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Out of all you guys who use Pixel of Ink (and KND), which sponsorship option is best, or which did you go for?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dgaughran said:
Out of all you guys who use Pixel of Ink (and KND), which sponsorship option is best, or which did you go for?
It depends on what you're looking for. Do you want sales or profit? For KND, I liked the package that turned into three separate days of things. Not sure what it's called now. Maybe gold or silver or something. Anyway, I chose to let me ads run on the first available days as opposed to waiting and getting everything in the same week. For the first two days, I had a price of 99 cents. For the last day, I raised it to $2.99. That way I got a combination of sales and profit. I think on the last day, I made as much in sales as I had for each of the other two days, but for the first days I had 80 or 90 sales.

For Pixel of Ink, I chose the package that requires your book to be 99 cents. I wanted drive up sales so that is why I chose that one.

I'm closing in on 200 sales since yesterday right now. Hope it continues.

G

·
I would sooner pay a lady of the night to crawl into the back seat of my 1937 Buick, or hand a wino a bottle of muscatel than I would pay some website to mention, list, promote, or drool on my books.

·
Registered
253 Posts
MikeAngel said:
I would sooner pay a lady of the night to crawl into the back seat of my 1937 Buick, or hand a wino a bottle of muscatel than I would pay some website to mention, list, promote, or drool on my books.
I'm so glad for you! Wow, what it must be like not to have to promote your book in such a tawdry fashion as having someone review it or, God forbid, actually advertise.

Oh, the horror!

::)

G

·
Jason Kristopher said:
I'm so glad for you! Wow, what it must be like not to have to promote your book in such a tawdry fashion as having someone review it or, God forbid, actually advertise.

Oh, the horror!

Oh snap!

But even with all the copies Sybil sold, she still probably didn't come close to making back cost. I wish Pixel would ease off on the restrictions, just choose a cost for one placement, and stop with the forcing us to choose a specific price.

G

·
Jason Kristopher said:

Oh, the horror!
I'm glad for me also. It's my constant guide. It's actually reassuring not being scammed by some site that demands elusive spondulex to line up with other lemmings. I can throw my money around on other more important things, like catfood, a new pair of earrings for JC, and maybe some ebooks. I know tawdry when I see it, and I also know the sorts of leeches that take money from amateurs--they've been around for eons. Some of them used to be called Vanity Presses. I'd put these folks in the same soup can.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
T.M.souders said:
Paul, which option did you do for the week in rewind?
I forget what it's called. Cost about a buck and a half. It included a nice ad, blurbs, reviews, excerpts, for a day and a tweat, or was it a twitter. It seemed to reach a lot of folks via the twitter part, I think.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Glad it's going so well Sybil. I too had a wonderful surge in sales after a Pixel of Ink feature a couple months ago. Not enough to earn back what I paid for the feature but I made a good chunk of it back and it was fun watching the numbers go up. If I tried it again it would probably have to be with a book higher than $0.99. I think I'd stand a better chance of earning it back that way.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts