Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, I'm reporting in on my Pixel of Ink feature today. So far, SO GREAT!

Ladies and Gentlemen...The Redeemers went up around noon Eastern time and has climbed the ranks from about #40,000 to #3,645 as of this moment.

Thank you, POI!

I'll report back this evening.

www.pixelofink.com

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for that update! It is good info to know! I just checked, I need to check back on June 30th for submission :).

I'm curious, the sponsorship fee, I'm pretty sure that would be tax-deductible, right?

Congrats again! That's really great! Please post back about the follow up ranking! :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dara, Michael, and Lacy.

As of 10:30pm Eastern, the book is at 1,226!  This has been a fantastic day thanks to POI.

Lacy -- the sponsorship fee is effectively advertising and would be tax deductible like any other expense you'd apply against your author earnings.  Best of luck with your sponsorship.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Great job. Even in those cases where a PoI sponsorship doesn't quite pay for itself, I'm convinced that the boost to one's ego as a writer is well worth the cost. This business is such a hard slog, it's great to see a burst of sales.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I was thinking about posting there too until I saw the cost - $179 (for a 2.99 ebook). Quite a bit I thought. You'd need to have 80 more sales that month just to break even. I just don't know if I could count on that many more sales to justify it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MichaelWallace said:
Great job. Even in those cases where a PoI sponsorship doesn't quite pay for itself, I'm convinced that the boost to one's ego as a writer is well worth the cost. This business is such a hard slog, it's great to see a burst of sales.
It's also a bit difficult to quantify the longer term impact on sales. The short term calculation is easy --- incremental sales over the few days after feature on POI versus the cost of the sponsorship. However, I think it's fair to assume that if these incremental readers like the book, post reviews, tell their friends, etc., there will be more sales attributable to the feature down the line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts