Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first book in series and I really loved writing it. I drew a lot out of my own childhood growing up poor in semi-rural North Carolina, although I didn't get up to nearly as many hygienics. Although it's not as prevalent as it is in other books I write, there are still themes of living and dealing with trauma which is something I find really interesting to examine in my stories. I've lowered the price to and I'm still not decided if I should keep it here for such a long story, but for now, it's cheap and on Kindle Unlimited. Here's a little about it.

First Loves, First Loses, and Finding a Place in the World. Plus Music.
After spending his young life traveling with his musician father, Charlie Nelson has roots for the first time. Living with his mother in a small Appalachian town in western North Carolina, Charlie struggles to find his place in this new world, which isn't without challenges. Living in poverty, dealing with bullies, and having no friends, Charlie's new life is anything but a fairytale. If it were up to Charlie, he'd stay at home and do the one thing he loves, playing his guitar ... but life doesn't always give us what we want.

US & CA: Playing by Ear (Country Roads Book 1) - Kindle edition by Starnes, Travis. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
UK: Playing by Ear (Country Roads Book 1) eBook : Starnes, Travis: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
AU: Playing by Ear (Country Roads Book 1) eBook : Starnes, Travis: Amazon.com.au: Books

Light Nature People in nature Font Poster

1 - 1 of 1 Posts