Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm glad to have found your boards from the Amazon boards (someone posted a link and *poof*!  ;D I ordered my Kindle some weeks ago, and like everyone else (it seems) I too am waiting for mine! I know there is a strong possibility of a new one coming out tomorrow, but geez! I've wanted one since they first announced them and I finally have enough money to bite the bullet and just do it and now....I have to wait!

But I am optimistic, I think the "new" Kindle (if those pics are real) looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do before I decide which one I want.

IF Jeff gives me an option to choose....  ???

So many questions! So few answers!

Can anyone tell me how you guys have those "Kindle Owner" banners and what you're reading? If it's in the FAQ just let me know and I'll go read it.  :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi VMars - glad to have you here - FAQ is a good place to go, as well as Tips and Troubleshooting and down to the Forum threads.  Lots of questions and there are answers orr people that will answer your questions - except about K2 - after tomorrow maybe  ;D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome VMars,
I'm another Kindler-in-waiting. Nice to have company ;)
About the banners, I have no idea, I'm new too.
But the book banners are banners showing that they belong to one of the Book Klubs. Check out the Book Corner and the Book Klubs for more info.

.....Only a few more hours and we'll know..... :eek:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome:  Worth the wait; don't get discouraged.  Banners...I'm an oldie but not a smartie.  All the best.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the kind welcome.  8)

Yeah....waiting really sucks. I'm not good at waiting. The past three weeks I've had "Kindle" alerts on google, LOL. I'd get one or two a day and suddenly there were like...ten! I can't believe we'll know the truth in less than 24 hours! I'm so glad. I tried telling my friends I wanted a Kindle, and nobody was enthusiastic. I got things like "Oh, but it's not a REAL book." And "You can't hold it in your hand and flip pages...and that smell of paper..."

But honestly, all those people who said that to me I KNOW for a fact don't read as much as I do. That's why they don't understand. I'm glad people here can commiserate though! At least people on these boards understand me! Anyone else get that reaction from friends?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, VMars -

Harvey, our great & wonderful mod, has a thread just for these kinds of questions. Click on this link to find out about how to spiffy up your posts http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,231.0.html

I've been blessed to have a family that loves to read and fortunate to find work in a place I love - the library.

Best wishes to you in figuring out which version of the Kindle to get,

Marci

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! While you are waiting for the Kindle, you can still join the book klubs over in the Book corner section. if you have the DTB you can join in at any time. Lots to do a and learn here in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi VMars,

Welcome! So glad you made your way over here. This is a fun and friendly bunch. We'll help you wait together.

L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts