Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Probably due to the PS3... I'm pretty sure they've stopped making games for the PS2, also.

I know technology has to evolve and all that, but I LOVE my PS2 (I have the big clunky one made before they slimmed it down, lol)! And I love the fact that it can play PS1 games and DVDs, too. I'm not springing for a PS3 any time soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Britt said:
Probably due to the PS3... I'm pretty sure they've stopped making games for the PS2, also.

I know technology has to evolve and all that, but I LOVE my PS2 (I have the big clunky one made before they slimmed it down, lol)! And I love the fact that it can play PS1 games and DVDs, too. I'm not springing for a PS3 any time soon.
I still have my PS2 as well, never bought the PS3 as it was/is too expensive. I think I paid over $200 or $300 for it back in the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Britt said:
I'm pretty sure they've stopped making games for the PS2, also.
Nope. The game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed came out on PS2 with the newer systems. There is also another Indiana Jones game coming out only for PSP, Wii, DS, and PS2. They haven't stopped yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Well I never had a PS2, but considering that the PS3 doubles as a blue ray player I thought the price was great.  Most blue ray players cost as much and this thing plays games too.  I got mine early so it was still backwards compatible with PS2 games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kevindorsey said:
All systems will be drastically reduced in price.
It would be nice, but Sony is vehemently denying that the price of the PS3 will come down anytime soon.

XBOX 360 was recently reduced by about $50, I think (before Christmas), so I don't see it coming down again anytime soon.

Nintendo Wii is still the cheapest newer system out there (at about $250), so they are under no obligation to reduce their price. It is also the best-selling system, from what I have heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Sweety18 said:
I still have my PS2 as well, never bought the PS3 as it was/is too expensive. I think I paid over $200 or $300 for it back in the day.
Mine was a hand-me-down (up?) from my younger brother when he got his XBox 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
mwvickers said:
Nope. The game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed came out on PS2 with the newer systems. There is also another Indiana Jones game coming out only for PSP, Wii, DS, and PS2. They haven't stopped yet.
Good to know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,141 Posts
PJ said:
Well I never had a PS2, but considering that the PS3 doubles as a blue ray player I thought the price was great. Most blue ray players cost as much and this thing plays games too. I got mine early so it was still backwards compatible with PS2 games.
DH and I got a PS3 as our Christmas gift to each other this year. We wanted a Blu-Ray player, and the PS3 is actually one of the best values out there. He likes playing games, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I saw that deal posted on another forum as well.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top