Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 1:00 pm, the New England Patriots will be playing an important division game against Buffalo. Since it's unseasonably mild today in coastal NH, I shall be watching my team while outside on my deck while enjoying a fine cigar and a nice cognac.  I'll still be in attendance to Mrs. Ten but unavailable to the world at large.

Thank you.  ;)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Teninx said:
At 1:00 pm, the New England Patriots will be playing an important division game against Buffalo. Since it's unseasonably mild today in coastal NH, I shall be watching my team while outside on my deck while enjoying a fine cigar and a nice cognac. I'll still be in attendance to Mrs. Ten but unavailable to the world at large.

Thank you. ;)
Go Pats! I'll be watching on my couch! Chris will be calling from Paris for score updates as his hotel interent is out. I miss Tom Brady though... he was half the fun of watching. sigh......

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Go Bills!  :D

Ann
(fond of the Bills because of Tim Russert)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry Teninx, in the interest of marital harmony I too must pull for the Bills.  My hubby is originally from the Buffalo area, and as such I am obligated to root for them.  Since my hubby happily cheers for my Bears, it's the least I can do to support his Bills.

(If the Pats were playing anyone else I'd go for them though). 

Have a lovely day!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Go Bills (because of Tim Russert and friends in Buffalo)!

However, right now I feel sympathy with the Pats due to Tom Brady's knee surgery, as a fellow sufferer.  I hope he's now on the way to recovery!

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Suzanne said:
How is Brady doing now? The last I read, he was fighting infection. I hope that is all cleared up now and he's on the mend.
Last I heard (and I've been trying to follow it) he had to have more procedures to clean out infection...haven't heard anything recently...

Betsy

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As Betsy said, reports are that Brady needs more work on that knee. His career is in the balance, and I'm sure that friends and foes alike wish him well for recovery.
Now the team needs a win today and has to stay healthy for Thursday night against the Jets.

I forgive your misguided loyalty to the Bills, Betsy, Ann and Colleen. Those back-to-back losses are tough when you're faced with a third.  :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I suspect I'll be here at the computer with the Patriots in the background. Go Pats!

Enjoy your cigar and cognac, Ten. I think I'll have a glass of wine, myself.

L

·
Registered
273 Posts
Even tho I will be pulling for the Saints, I will be going for the Pats.  Bit of trivia, on the same day that Matt Cassel made his football debut with the Pats, his brother Jack made is MLB debut (pitching) with the Houston Astros.  Both had a great day.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Halftime and 10-3 Pats....but we need more production.

Very nice cigar that paired well with the Remy. Inside for the 2nd half, so no cigar and maybe another snifter.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry Bills. You had a chance right up till the 4th quarter.

Now we gotta beat the Jets on Thursday.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ah well....  Poor Bills....  Poor Bears!  UGH!!!

Now we are making a batch of Wings.  We have a "Wing Off" every November with a bunch of friends - started when John (my hubby) kept boasting about how he was the only one of our friends who really knew anything about wings since he's from Buffalo.  THis year is the 4th one.  John's won the last 2 out of 3, so the stakes are high!  He needs to practice!!!

But it is SO cold here - and there are a few snowflakes flying!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
it is mild here today. I actually have a few windows open. NOT looking forward to the winter though. I'm afraid NH might have a heavy snow winter and I am not at all excited about digging out my car. The photo below is from couple years ago when I lived up closer to the Lakes Region. I drive a Prius and I love it - except in heavy snow.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wow, a lot of snow. I never lived in a place with so much snow or rain. But where I live, there's earthquake. ::)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Well, Kirstin, my theory is that we had a very very snowy winter last year so this year will be better. That seems to be the pattern lately (global climate change and all that). I might be wrong but I hope not. Last year I got so sick of the snow at the end...I felt like I saw nothing but white for 6 solid months. Sigh...

The view of our backyard on January 2, 2008:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts