Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on the blurb for my first book. I've never written one before, so I have no idea if I'm getting it anywhere near where it needs to be. I would appreciate any comments or critiques!

The book, Three Girls and a Baby, is a chick-lit/romantic comedy.

Ginny McKensie's life is spiraling out of control.

She had always assumed that by the time she finished college she would be well on her way to marrying Josh-the love of her life. After all, Ginny and Josh were made for each other. Everybody said so.

But things haven't turned out quite the way Ginny planned. She loves living back in her hometown with Annie and Jen, her two very best friends-but she hates her dead-end job…and the fact that she is now single. Much to her dismay, Josh has left her and seems content to end their relationship for good.

When Ginny discovers that she is pregnant, she is convinced her life is ending. She's sick every morning (and most afternoons too), she's broke, her feet are swollen, and her favorite designer clothes are getting awfully tight. Even if she manages to survive the pregnancy, what on Earth will she do when they baby arrives?

Ginny never imagined she'd be a single mother at age twenty-two. She never thought she'd have to worry about dating again (even though her new boss is totally gorgeous and crush worthy). And she certainly never thought she'd have to raise a baby without Josh at her side.

Now, with the help of Annie and Jen, Ginny must try to re-imagine-and rebuild-a life she never wanted.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How about this:

She had always assumed that by the time she finished college she would be marrying the love of her life. Instead, she's back in her hometown, unwillingly single, and stuck in a dead-end job. When Ginny discovers that she's pregnant, she is convinced her life is ending.

Her life-plan never included dating again (not even her too-hot new boss), or being a single mother at 22. Now, with the help of her best friends, Annie and Jen, Ginny must try to re-imagine-and rebuild-a life she never wanted.

Just changed it around a bit and took out some stuff. I dunno, too short?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I really like what you did with it. Hmm, I wonder if its too short though. I'm not really sure- again, Ive never done this before:) I'm trying to picture it on the back of my paperback copy...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I gave it a shot, and used some of lazyjayn's redo, too :)

Finished with college, she should have been planning her wedding. After all, Ginny and Josh were made for each other - everyone said so. Except the love of her life didn't agree.

Now Ginny is back in her hometown, unwillingly single, and stuck in a dead-end job. When she discovers she's pregnant, Ginny is convinced her life is ending. Instead of a debating veils and lace, she's learning the truth about morning sickness, juggling bills, and seeing just how far designer jeans can stretch.

Her life-plan never included dating again (not even her too-hot new boss), or being a single mother at 22. Now, with the help of her best friends, Annie and Jen, Ginny must try to re-imagine - and rebuild - a life she never wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts