Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I'm new, and I'm hopeless with computers.

My book is up on Amazon, and I want to send a copy to some friends so they can review it.

How do I buy additional copies and send them to my friends' e-mails ?

I have bought a copy of my book, and when I try to buy additional copies for delivery to third parties, it won't let me. (It says I have already bought that book ........ which I know !

Any assistance gratefully accepted.

KK

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kindlegrl, but there is no "Give as Gift" box on my screen.
Am I in the wrong screen ?  It says "buy for $ 2.50£ and under that "Deliver to" with a box containing my e-mail address (which it won't let me change to the one I want to send the book to !)
Any other ideas ?  I don't understand these bloody things !!!!!
KK

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
KayKayBee said:
Thanks Kindlegrl, but there is no "Give as Gift" box on my screen.
Am I in the wrong screen ? It says "buy for $ 2.50£ and under that "Deliver to" with a box containing my e-mail address (which it won't let me change to the one I want to send the book to !)
Any other ideas ? I don't understand these bloody things !!!!!
KK
So you're using the UK store? I don't think they have the gift feature for Kindle books. You will have to buy them a gift card for the amount of your book. When purchasing the gift card, you should be able to select "other amount" which will then allow you to specify an exact amount.

·
Registered
274 Posts
How did you "create" your Kindle book? If you used Calibre or a similar program to create it, you could just email them copies. It's free, and if they need a different format, it's easy enough to convert and send in a format that works with their e-readers.

If you didn't use Calibre, you could still use it now to create copies to email. That's what I do when people ask for review copies. No one has minded yet.

G

·
KayKayBee said:
How do I buy additional copies and send them to my friends' e-mails ?
This is a conversation that often happens in the Writer's Cafe area. But I want to strongly DISCOURAGE you from soliciting reviews from friends and family. No good comes of it. On the most basic level, Amazon's TOS frowns on it:

Sentiments by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product (including reviews by publishers, manufacturers, or third-party merchants selling the product)
Your friends are, essentially, reviewing the book specifically to help you. Amazon doesn't really want friends and family spamming their site with five star reviews for their relatives and buddies.

More importantly, Amazon readers have gotten very good at noticing reviews written by friends and family. And they will often bite you for it. I've seen dozens of comments on reviews along the lines of "This must be the author's mother" or those lines.

If you need to learn how to generate reviews, come over to the Writer's Café area and read some of the threads about reviews.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts