Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys,

I'm new to the board - and btw, have had an amazing week so far. One thing that was completely new to me is the idea of cross-promotion, and I see that a few fantasy promos are happening. I'm still not quite clear how it works, but I'd love to collaborate on a humor/chicklit promo. Unfortunately, humor is often not even a category on promo sites, which makes it that much more difficult. I'd love to plan something for July, cause that's when my second book goes live.

This is what I can bring to the table:

Blog: 4,565 followers on Wordpress alone, each one of my posts (1-2 per week) gets anywhere from 50 to 200 likes and 50-100 comments. https://wordpress.com/stats/month/anaspoke.com

Twitter: 48,800 followers, my average tweet (book quote plus link) gets 5-50 retweets. I get an average of 300,000 to 400,000 impressions each month. https://twitter.com/spokeana?lang=en

Baby Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoyj5W_pi_FGNggiWcYJRQQ

I'm not on Facebook and my Instagram is basically dead.

What do you think?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd love to go in with you on the humor one - I have a drummer joke book out, with the rest of the band and supporting characters not far behind with their own books.

My lists are a lot smaller than yours, but I do have nearly 1000 people on FB and a small mailing list. Not too active on Twitter.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mojomikey said:
I'd love to go in with you on the humor one - I have a drummer joke book out, with the rest of the band and supporting characters not far behind with their own books.

My lists are a lot smaller than yours, but I do have nearly 1000 people on FB and a small mailing list. Not too active on Twitter.
That's great - our platforms compliment each other. Let's see if anyone else is interested and get a plan together!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KL_Phelps said:
Humor is a rough category to promote. My book Stormy Weathers is humor. (heck my Kat Parker series is humor heavy) Sadly I can't say I have much of a presence: FB/Twitter/mailing list.
It is tough, but I think it's an overlooked category, and not many people are writing humor, so competition is not as fierce as it is in Romance. At the same time, huge blockbusters in terms of TV and film are comedies, so I think it's worth a shot.

Hey, so there are three of us already!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm interested. Humor really is a tough one to promote, and my new book can use all the help it can get. I've got a blog, FB/Twitter/mailing list, but not as big as yours.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a chicklit title out (Clean Break in my sig.) If I can participate without messing with the price (which is already as low as I would want it to go at $2.99), I'd potentially be interested...

I have just over 1000 twitter followers, and they're real. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NightWriterCT said:
I have a chicklit title out (Clean Break in my sig.) If I can participate without messing with the price (which is already as low as I would want it to go at $2.99), I'd potentially be interested...

I have just over 1000 twitter followers, and they're real. :)
I have never done a cross-promo before, but I'm happy for everyone to decide on their own prices. Discounted or free titles will get more downloads, of course - but each author has a different strategy.

I will research the cross-promotions and will update the thread with suggestions/draft plan. If anyone has ideas in the meantime, let me know.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you would like one of my chiclit titles in your promo, I will probably be happy to come on board. However, that pen name has no email list, so I would be of limited help to you. I'll leave it up to you when/if you run the promo. It's fine if you think I don't qualify.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I'm up for a humour promo! I have about 11,700 Twitter followers, a 1600+ mailing list, modest presence on Facebook and other sites but I make up for it all with enthusiasm.  :D  Oh, and I can do Reddit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ana Spoke said:
I have never done a cross-promo before, but I'm happy for everyone to decide on their own prices. Discounted or free titles will get more downloads, of course - but each author has a different strategy.

I will research the cross-promotions and will update the thread with suggestions/draft plan. If anyone has ideas in the meantime, let me know.
Great! Also feel free to PM me on kboards as I'm inconsistent with how often I check. Usually pretty often, but sometimes I lose track of threads....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Ana,
I think it's a great idea!
I have a novella [almost 100 pages] that might fit as it's chick lit and contains some snarky humor.
https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Dreams-Lisa-Maliga-ebook/dp/B00F8PR5R8
I have my own website, a FB page, 3 Twitter accounts, Pinterest, and 2 blogs. Oh, & Google +.
There's a small group Pinterest board that fits this genre exactly. Here's the link: https://www.pinterest.com/ruecole/chick-lit-romantic-comedy-womens-fiction-romance
Email me if you have any questions!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ive bookmarked this thread on the off chance you want my, as of yet unfinished, humour chick-lit novel. When roughly are you expecting to do this promo? It's my first novel so I won't bring much to the table but if you want a free novel added in then I can bulk your deal. No worries if that isn't helpful though. 😊

·
Registered
254 Posts
lisamaliga said:
Hi Ana,
I think it's a great idea!
I have a novella [almost 100 pages] that might fit as it's chick lit and contains some snarky humor.
https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Dreams-Lisa-Maliga-ebook/dp/B00F8PR5R8
I have my own website, a FB page, 3 Twitter accounts, Pinterest, and 2 blogs. Oh, & Google +.
There's a small group Pinterest board that fits this genre exactly. Here's the link: https://www.pinterest.com/ruecole/chick-lit-romantic-comedy-womens-fiction-romance
Email me if you have any questions!
Lisa - I'd love to add a pin to that Pinterest board. I'm pretty new at Pinterest so I don't see any way to do it currently (do I need to be invited to that board?) I'm "Abby Vegas Author" on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/abbyvegasauthor/

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jane Killick said:
If you would like one of my chiclit titles in your promo, I will probably be happy to come on board. However, that pen name has no email list, so I would be of limited help to you. I'll leave it up to you when/if you run the promo. It's fine if you think I don't qualify.
Well, hello there! I see Fairy Nuff all the time when I stare at Shizzle, Inc Kindle page...might as well pair them up in this promo :)

Do you have Twitter or blog?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Abderian said:
I'm up for a humour promo! I have about 11,700 Twitter followers, a 1600+ mailing list, modest presence on Facebook and other sites but I make up for it all with enthusiasm. :D Oh, and I can do Reddit.
How awesome, thank you! Nice to meet a fellow unbridled enthusiast :)

I've been reading your posts - seems like you have a lot of experience - any ideas/links to how and what to organise? Who has run a successful cross-promo on KBoards?

Maybe I will post a thread asking for specific advice on what to organise..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shel said:
I'm interested! :)

Here's the detail on my meager social media:

Twitter: about 3,000
Facebook: 700
Goodreads: 1,300
Small presence on Pinterest and Wattpad
Blog on my website (I'd be willing to host author interviews during the period of promo)
Awesome, thank you! That's quite a presence on Goodreads! I have only about 160 followers there after 6 giveaways.

We have quite a few now. Would love for suggestions on what to organise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, everyone,

I recently started a thread asking for collaborators on a cross/promo dedicated to the often forgotten humor category: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,236170.0.html

Thing is, I've never organised or participated one. I have some vague ideas, but would love for someone to point me to a detailed description of what actually happens.

My vague ideas so far:

1. Give it a name for hyping up and hashtagging, say #IndieComedyWeek or #Indie HumorFestival

2. Blog post(s) with links to books, with the article body on humor, etc.

3. Twitting, Facebooking, Instagramming each other's book covers and/or quotes. Retwitting made easy by using the above hashtag.

4. Goodreads giveaways during that week, referring to "celebration of Indie Humor Festival" with links to the blog post(s)

5. Someone has to take a hit for the team and run out onto the Superbowl field naked, with #IndieComedyWeek on their backside. I can't do it, sorry - I'm in Australia.

These are my thoughts so far - any help would be appreciated!

1 - 20 of 310 Posts