Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just got my skin from decalgirl and I'm not sure how best to put it on.  Can anyone walk me through it?  I want to get it right the first time :)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I just worked from left to right, one piece at a time. It is not as hard as it looks. Just take your time, maybe sit at a table with good lighting.
If you make a mistake you can pull it up and reposition it. I turned my Kindle off and used a little roller tool I have, to go them once I had them correctly positioned.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front pieces went on no problem, but I'm having trouble w/the back and I think I stretched it a bit by mistake.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr, what can I do to rectify, other than buying a whole new one???

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Sorry that happened. I am really not sure if you can fix that, maybe by putting it in water but I would not try that till you hear back from
the company. It would probably ruin the adhesive. I will say, that if it is just the back and your using a case, your not going to see it that much anyway and I would not pay to replace the whole thing. I would just wait till I wanted a new look and then buy new skins.

Don't stress it!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ruby, I also had trouble with the back...but another member posted that if you should stretch it a little just leave it alone for an hour or so and it will go back to its original shape. Good luck

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Ruby said:
The front pieces went on no problem, but I'm having trouble w/the back and I think I stretched it a bit by mistake. Grrrrrrrrrrrr, what can I do to rectify, other than buying a whole new one???
I have read that if you take the stretched piece off, lay it flat and wait for a few hours (maybe overnight?) it should shrink back into shape. Don't know if anyone has tried it though. Let us know!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
grammy said:
Oh so you buy a skin,then put it on and hope you get it on right? LOL

Hmmmm maybe not for me. Can you remove it at some point to add another or not want one any longer??
Here's the Decal Girl site which has Amazon Kindle skins. http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,289.htm

My understanding is that you can take the skin off, put on other ones. It's a way to give your Kindle a bit of a flair. You can change the skins to suit your mood.

L

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Kindled Spirit said:
Ruby, I also had trouble with the back...but another member posted that if you should stretch it a little just leave it alone for an hour or so and it will go back to its original shape. Good luck
Kindled Spirit, did that work for you?

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
grammy said:
I have gone to decal girl...

I am confussed. Are there kindle decals tho???
Yes, there are, but it appears that they are updating their website so you can't see the Kindle skins right now. Bookmark the site, Grammy and keep checking back. They have a nice assortment of skins for the Kindle. Plus if you call to order, they are super-nice on the phone.

L

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
grammy said:
I have gone to decal girl...

I am confussed. Are there kindle decals tho???
Decal Girl is updating the Kindle Skins section of their website. For browsing purposes, you can also go to iStyles.com which carries the Decalgirl skins. (I actually bought mine through iStyles as I didn't know they were available direct from Decalgirl.) I recommend Decalgirl for buying them, they are good to Kindleboards!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
grammy said:
Thanks but I dont see that there are actual Kindle Covers yet?????
They're not covers, it's a vinyl adhesive decal of sorts that you put onto the Kindle. There are many styles...the last time before they started updating was 82 to choose from. They adhere very well and they don't lift at the edges but they also do come off without causing any harm to the Kindle or whatever gadget that you're sticking it to. I had one for my old phone and even with the constant placement in my jean pocket...it still looks brand new. Of course, it's all optional...it does add a nice splash of color if you want though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts