Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing we all agree on; is that we are united by our passion for reading.
Pleeeeeeeeease; once the deliveries are in on the 25th and beyond for the K2;

Let's NOT:
Turn these boards into a case of the Hatfields and the McCoys; K1 vs. K2.
I'm sure they each have their pros and cons and we will all have our opinions.
Lets just all be grateful to have either or and enjoy "K" for its intended purpose.

I came to these boards, as did many others, to enjoy the different topics and to share a love for reading; not to bicker or boast. We don't approve of Trollism and would appreciate a continued friendly atmosphere. I just don't want the boards to become divided because there are now two versions of the Kindle. Enjoy whichever version you have!! Kindle is a wonderful thing, whether it be 1 or 2 (or both).

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
There is bound to be some unfettered joy and enthusiasm percolating here on the 25th and beyond. And many people (myself included) will be writing threads about how much they love Kindle 2, and noting the things about it that we like better than the original Kindle.

But sjc makes an good point. The original Kindle is a great product. And we should try to not have our enthusiasm for Kindle 2 come across as denigrating for people who have an original Kindle.

Please remind me about this again on the 25th.  :)  Thanks sjc.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're welcome.  I just want the boards to remain friendly and enjoyable.  I am thrilled about the Kindle2 and hope everyone enjoys it.  I look forward to the comparisons and the chat about the two units.  We just need to remind ourselves that they are both still Kindles.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I am feeling some unfettered joy and enthusiasm myself for the Kindle1 I was able to get from someone who was trading up. I am glad to have her old Kindle and also happy to have made it easier for her to get her K2. As long as we remember that they are both great devices for reading and that the difference between them is really minor, we should be OK.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I gotta agree with you on that I can't stand trolls myself, just call me Billy Goat Grunt. :D

With all the help I've gotten here so far myself I don't see how this homey little forum could become divided.

congrats on the new K1 intinst hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
294 Posts
sjc, I totally agree, we can all enjoy our reading without the labels of K1, K2, etc.  You stated this very eloquently.  Thank you... :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
ricky said:
sjc, I totally agree, we can all enjoy our reading without the labels of K1, K2, etc. You stated this very eloquently. Thank you... :)
Oh did I goof by saying enjoy your k1, I humbly apologize and will turn myself over to the textile mill first chance I get. ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
intinst: Aaawwww...so sweet. I love my K1. You will as well.

I also think K2 is going to be great. I can't wait to hear (read) everyone's feedback. I hope it is all that they hoped it would be. I stuck with the K1 because I read text only...no pics, charts, maps...so, although very impressive; I don't require the 16 grayscale. Nor would I ever use the text to speech; though wonderful for the visually impaired and commuters. I just pray that they don't have to pull the plug on that feature with all of the pending legal issues.

The only possible feature I would use if made available: is an increased time for the auto page turn feature. (I think luvmy4brats found that the K2 may possibly have this capability.) I'm still thrilled with K1.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Gruntman said:
Oh did I goof by saying enjoy your k1, I humbly apologize and will turn myself over to the textile mill first chance I get. ;)
Yes, K1 and K2 are the old appellations. May I suggest Kindle Klassic (already suggested) and Kindle-Up(grade)? ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
;D Sorry, you can't turn yourself over to the textile mills unless you are twelve years old or younger and still alive...  Best to just enjoy your Kindle, be it the first or the second version....... ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
intinst said:
I am feeling some unfettered joy and enthusiasm myself for the Kindle1 I was able to get from someone who was trading up. I am glad to have her old Kindle and also happy to have made it easier for her to get her K2. As long as we remember that they are both great devices for reading and that the difference between them is really minor, we should be OK.
You have made a good choice. Tyrella has been very good to me and will be until she goes toes up. Happy Reading. You will definitely be OK.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ricky said:
;D Sorry, you can't turn yourself over to the textile mills unless you are twelve years old or younger and still alive... Best to just enjoy your Kindle, be it the first or the second version....... ;)
Nope to old for the mill, phew!, that was close.

·
Registered
366 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Yes, K1 and K2 are the old appellations. May I suggest Kindle Klassic (already suggested) and Kindle-Up(grade)? ;)
I'm guessing this is actually a reference to the movie "Wanted". The Fraternity of Assassins originated from a textile mill

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GruntMan:

Lol.

Sort of reminds me, off topic, did anyone see the David Letterman segment with Joaquin Phoenix? What the heck was that? Was it for real? Publicity stunt or is he totally off the deep end?

I

·
0 Posts
ELDogStar said:
Personally I don't see or feel any of this occurring.

Eric
Neither did I until someone planted the idea in my head. I don't think it'll happen. A Kindle is a Kindle no matter what version it is.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ELDogStar said:
Personally I don't see or feel any of this occurring.

Eric
Same here....

Because of different hardware we may have to specify which version when asking some questions...but a Kindle is a Kindle so it shouldn't matter in other respects. Since I don't have a K1 I certainly cannot make comparisons or criticize it in any intelligent way.

Not that all my comments are intelligent anyway....but you know what I mean ;-)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts