Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realllllly technical sounding title there, huh?

I need to find some info about the who, what, how, when, and then what again of getting arrested as a high end call girl.

If you have a resource for cop-like stuff that's great for writing, would you mind sharing it?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robert, you're getting way too much milage out of that hooker hashtag.

Also, you know someone is right this second drafting the first pages of The Last Call Girl, right?

Jeanne, thanks - I need something less about attorneys and the law and more about the cops and what they do.

Anyone?

THANKS!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Caitie Quinn said:
Also, you know someone is right this second drafting the first pages of The Last Call Girl, right?
Heck I'm tempted to write that one myself. Pretty Woman meets Sleepless in Seattle, it could be HUGE.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jackz4000 said:
A high class call girl will have high connections? She will be in and out before the ink dries. Unless it was murder.
Um, no. Sorry. You're guessing too much. But, thank you.

I need the process of what would happen. There's no connections. There's actually no call girl - there's no one who knows the ins and outs of the law... so I need to know what the cop process would be.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I don't know about high end call girls, but we have quite a few streetwalkers around my area, and I think the process is pretty similar to what happens when they pick up anyone on suspicion of shenanigans. I know that they don't "interrogate" people anymore--they call it "interviewing." Reading up on the "interview" process is super interesting. But general police procedure doesn't sound like it will be helpful to you, huh?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ladies!

I need to figure out who would be doing a sting at that level and everything from "you're under arrest" to the clang of the holding cell closing.

I'll try these.... or go get arrested and see what happens!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
How "high-end" are we talking? Like... Heidi Fleiss high-end, or...?

Because the arresting, booking, and arraignment process is pretty much the same for everyone. The only difference when significant media attention might be involved is everything takes twice as long, because everyone involved is terrified of screwing up somewhere.

Depending on where you live, if you talk to your local PD's PIO and explain you're a writer, there's a chance they'll be willing to arrest and book you so you can experience the process first-hand. It's quite interesting.

Protip: Ask to be booked as a Jane Doe, lest your arrest for some invented offense winds up on your record, f'real.  :( There's nothing quite like being asked "So, I see you were arrested in April 2013 for Criminal Vehicular Manslaughter, what was that all about?" and having to explain "It was for a book! Honest!"

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Laws vary from state to state, procedures from department to department. Can you be more specific what you're looking for?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I write Rom Coms -- I just need the general stuff that will not glare out to people who know as *WRONG*

Like, is it "detectives" who do this (since I've already been told it would be "vice") or are they officers or something else. What's the process after they say, You're under arrest. I've just found out that in somewhere like Boston, they wouldn't use ink to fingerprint any more, it's digital (bummer, and yes, I double checked) -- What happens when they walk you in? Are you put in a cell then or processed and what is processed. Etc.

The basics. Not something that would be in a police procedural. Just something that won't insult my in-the-know readers of a rom com.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Caitie Quinn said:
Like, is it "detectives" who do this (since I've already been told it would be "vice") or are they officers or something else. What's the process after they say, You're under arrest. I've just found out that in somewhere like Boston, they wouldn't use ink to fingerprint any more, it's digital (bummer, and yes, I double checked) -- What happens when they walk you in? Are you put in a cell then or processed and what is processed. Etc.
It's really very dependent on the jurisdiction, and, up to a point, the exact nature of the arrest.

Is the call girl arrested in a sting? Is a warrant served on her? Is a warrant issued but not served, and does she then surrender herself into custody? Does she have a prior criminal history? Does she reside in the same city/state as the arresting agency? Is she charged with prostitution, or something else? Is it a misdemeanor? A felony? Are there any incidental charges (resisting arrest, providing false information to an officer, obstruction of justice, possession of a controlled substance...)? All that affects how it'll go, up to a point.

Many agencies don't have officers with the rank of "detective", anymore. But some do. Whether detectives - assuming there are any - from vice - which might go by another name, in some departments - are involved in the arrest at all depends on the circumstances of the arrest, and the way it's handled. Like, in a lot of places, if the notional vice detectives in a city PD worked a case against a madam, and got an arrest warrant for her from a judge, the resulting warrant would then be served on her, at her home, by deputies of the local sheriff's department - who might then book her into the county jail, and not the city one. And what happens to her thereafter could be vastly different than if she'd been arrested by the city, and could depend on the time of day, and day of the week. In some jurisdictions, under the right circumstances, she could be booked and released within two hours. In different circumstances, it might take six or eight hours to post bail. In still others, she might spend forty-eight hours in jail - and/or twenty-four hours in detox, and/or seventy-two hours in a hospital, if someone somewhere decides she might be a danger to herself.

So... it's kind of complicated.

If you want accurate details for a specific jurisdiction, ask the department's PIO. That's kinda what they're there for. :) But keep in mind that how that agency does things might have no resemblance to how things are done five miles away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts