Kindle Forum banner

Ladies: Are you pro or con initiating contact? Gentlemen, do you like/hate that?

• Men: I don't like it when a woman makes the first move.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so me and some of my girl friends went to see "He's not that into you" and a huge discussion ensued afterwards about whether or not the girl should make the first move. I'm very interested to know what you think.

Personally, I think it's fine either way, I guess it depends if a man is really shy or not. Thoughts? Experiences? Dating disasters?  :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There you go Gabies Girl.  ;D

And why do you say that Bacardi Jim?  :eek: You sure don't seem that way to me!  ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Okay....I'm still practically a kid to most of you, but I am usually make the first move. (I accidentally hit " Never made a move and never will" I meant to hit "Have and will again). Don't mind asking a guy on a dance or for a dance.

PS: There are two ways I use to approach a guy, but I prefer to use the cautious cute mousy approach. Seem hesitant to approach, unsure about asking...leaving the guy to make a date suggestion. Sorta a first move, but doesn't get to the guys who don't like to be asked (who like to make the first move). Of course, the guys I have dated, I've had to make it obvious that I was interested in dating them.

My first boyfriend: we knew each other for two years. My best friend and I figured he's never ask....So I asked him for a ride to a party. (I was car-less at the time) Mentioned a need for caffeine when he picked me up. Ended up staying at the cafe for a bit longer than we expected....our unofficial first date.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Okay....I'm still practically a kid to most of you, but I am usually make the first move. (I accidentally hit " Never made a move and never will" I meant to hit "Have and will again). Don't mind asking a guy on a dance or for a dance.
You go, Girl ... ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I suppose there would be the situation where the girl would have to ask the guy or they never would go out...

I am from the generation where girls did not ask the guy so it never came up!

I am at an age now that if I found myself single again, I would probably stay that way! Too old to train another one and too set in my ways!! ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I grew up being told it was an absolute no-no to approach a man and ask him out.  I met my husband when buying a new car.  Yup, he was the service manager.  Yeesh.  A year we spent visiting and flirting and the darned man would not ask me out.  So I decided to ask him out.  Took me a month to decide how to approach it, what to say, what to wear. . .  So I asked him if he would like to go out for coffee (much safer, don't ya know) and his respones, "I'd love to, but I think I should call you and ask you out to dinner."  WHAAAAT?  That was his response after all my agony?  Argh! In my normal, blunt manner I asked him if that was just a way to say no because I sure didn't feel like waiting around for a phone call.  He assured me he meant exactly what he said.  A week later he called me.  Six months later we were married.   ;)

I learned that it is good to take a chance and let a man know where you are coming from.  It is also good to know that I don't need or have to be  in control.  

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
I'd prefer minions. . . . :)

Ann
Me too, but they never ask you out for dinner, drinks, dancing etc. All they do is hover around you and light your cigarettes, fetch and carry things, answer your phones, and agree with you all the time. I always give my minions the night off when I'm on a date. They just tend to make the guy nervous hovering around. ;D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts